Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential new purchase. Your thoughts on the colour.

Saw a 997 Targa this colour with a light tan trim in the queue for the ferry in Plymouth recently.
I thought it looked fantastic and told the guy so.
I have always loved the cocoa interior too.
And my car is silver... :lol:

PanozGTR said:
OK. The night before l was due to veiw the car, l rang and cancelled, l just was not sure about the colour. However, the next day l couldn't help thinking that l had made a mistake so l decided to view it anyway. Everything else ticket all the right boxes. I went to view it with my son in law Martin who is also a Porsche owner. Incidentally he was very anti the colour and urged me to look at other more popular colours. Anyway l decided that it would play on my mind if l didn't at least have a look. I said to Martin that l would know if the colour was right for me in the first 5 minutes. Well what can l say, within a second l absolutely loved the colour it looks fantastic. The car is also in great order. New Brakes and discs all round, new suspension, dampers and springs all round plus various other components. Tyres nearly new. Test drive great. Deposit put down and depending on the results of the PPI l hope to realise a life long dream. One very happy old geezer.

HUGE congrats :) If you love it then its Right :thumb:
One thing we ALL know here - you will LOVE owning a 911 !!!!!

Pls share some pics when you get her and enjoy in good health....

Dan

Nice one. I think that's a really good decision.

Nice one OP. Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health from the PPI. The colour is definitely a grower. Regardless, its a 911 so what's not to love!! Look forward to seeing some more pictures.

Did you drive it btw? Thoughts?

Congratulations :thumb:

Congratulations!

Now all you need to do is get oodles of pictures posted here.

Cheers, Keith.

Looking forward to pics mate, i really like the colour! i have boring silver...

Thanks again for your comments (What a great Forum).
Just to answer a couple of questions raised.
Why the new suspension? good question. l don't know l will have to ask.
Did l get a test drive? No l didn't. The owner did offer but l have Vertigo at the moment so driving is out of the question. The owner did take me out for a good blast and everything seemed OK. As mentioned earlier l am getting the car PPI by Porsche lnspections and they are highly regarded so they should pickup any problems before buying the car. They will test drive the car as part of the inspection. I feel like a little boy waiting for Christmas.

I like the Porsche brown. The Austin Allegro in brown Uncle Albert had was another matter.

Macadamia looks good in the sun, would prefer it with a cream interior for contrast but Porsche have a habit of putting in Cocoa even in black cars :what:

OK chaps a quick update. PPI went very well with only a few small issue that are easily rectified. Tomorrow l will take ownership. Happy days ahead.
Luvvlyjubbly.

PanozGTR said:
OK chaps a quick update. PPI went very well with only a few small issue that are easily rectified. Tomorrow l will take ownership. Happy days ahead.
Luvvlyjubbly.

Happy Days! :drive:

Congrats, I like it :thumb:

:useless: :useless: :useless:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back