Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The M3 V8 Great daily !! Now gone as far as I can go !!

Boba fett said:
Senoj said:
Boba fett said:
Senoj said:
Great looking pram.

Not convinced on the 20's..

What don't you like about them ?

Just a tad too big, make the car look a little "cartoony". 19's with a little stancing from springs and spacers works great IMHO. I agree standard can look a bit 4x4.

This is mine, not the best angle but you get the idea.

@M corn, drive one...wonderful motor.

We all like different stuff :thumb

Oh mate yours is crying out for 20's, looks like you are running inner tubes not tyres !!

yes, youre right, im down at halfords first thing tomorrow :thumb:

Senoj said:
Boba fett said:
Senoj said:
Boba fett said:
Senoj said:
Great looking pram.

Not convinced on the 20's..

What don't you like about them ?

Just a tad too big, make the car look a little "cartoony". 19's with a little stancing from springs and spacers works great IMHO. I agree standard can look a bit 4x4.

This is mine, not the best angle but you get the idea.

@M corn, drive one...wonderful motor.

We all like different stuff :thumb

Oh mate yours is crying out for 20's, looks like you are running inner tubes not tyres !!

yes, youre right, im down at halfords first thing tomorrow :thumb:

No worries thanks for posting the picture, as it demonstrates what I was not happy with.

20's all day long for me, the car looks stunning . I am assuming you have driven the saloon/coupe version of that model so how does the drive compare , much body flex etc ? I am thinking of buying a 4 seater cab and the M3 has always been a favourite of mine .

MisterCorn said:
I prefer the look of the 19s myself. For me the 20s just look like you are trying to cram too much wheel in to too small a space end up with rubber band tyres on them. So long as you are happy with it then it is spot on. I am still drawn to the M3 V8, I will try one one day....

MC

I got 19's on mine MC and it's waiting for you to take it for a drive :D

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=121915

Sorry OP, couldn't resist my last....

Your car looks just as stunning as your 997 turbo!

Stroller said:
MisterCorn said:
I prefer the look of the 19s myself. For me the 20s just look like you are trying to cram too much wheel in to too small a space end up with rubber band tyres on them. So long as you are happy with it then it is spot on. I am still drawn to the M3 V8, I will try one one day....

MC

I got 19's on mine MC and it's waiting for you to take it for a drive :D

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=121915

I would love to drive one, but I am not in a position to buy right now. Need more space/money. Very happy to drive one and give my opinon WRT E36 M3/E39 M5/E46 M3 Cab and E46 CSL.
MC

edge said:
20's all day long for me, the car looks stunning . I am assuming you have driven the saloon/coupe version of that model so how does the drive compare , much body flex etc ? I am thinking of buying a 4 seater cab and the M3 has always been a favourite of mine .

Yes driven them all and my friend has a manual coupe, which even with the extra weight, my DCT pulls on, just shows you how good the box and gearing is.

There is 200kg extra in the Vert, but unless you are really going hell for leather on track you would not know where it is. The car also feels just as solid as the coupe. The E46 was a bit flexi, this is not, according to some research BMW really made this a stiff *****, hence the weight no doubt.

Anyway the Pro's well outweigh the Cons for me, and I do think the E93 has the edge on looks as well. I really like mine, its a good car, just needs another 100 bhp and it would be perfect.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back