Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Leaking

Hmmm.
That's quite a lot!

Any pics of the origin of the oil?
Did you top up as a regular check our did you get a warning?
How much did you add?
What does the electronic dip stick say now?
Any history of leaks or odd noises?
How old is it and does it still have the original tandem pump?

ETA: source looks to be close to the AOS I believe.
Possible source, esp. If no history of leaks previously.

Looking on a bigger screen now... in that first pic, the drip forming looks pinkish to me.
Can you try tasting it or putting some on some white kitchen roll perhaps?
That'll narrow down the possibilities. I think it could be coolant. Check the cap on the expansion tank, and also the tank itself. Both possible weak spots.

Jonno is right .. its coolant and not oil .. the coolant header tank is above there .. i expect its split at the seams .

Just to point out as ive seen it mentioned a few times and to be honest its how i used to check it but ..

Antifreeze is toxic so a taiste test these days at least in my trade is kinda frowned upon .. in other words if I do it i get shouted at :D

Demort said:
Jonno is right .. its coolant and not oil .. the coolant header tank is above there .. i expect its split at the seams .

Just to point out as ive seen it mentioned a few times and to be honest its how i used to check it but ..

Antifreeze is toxic so a taiste test these days at least in my trade is kinda frowned upon .. in other words if I do it i get shouted at :D

That cheap vodka i bought the other week from the guy outside the shop who said he had bought 2 bottles by mistake tasted just like antifreeze - so it must be ok to drink? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back