Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

console respray onto old paint?

mkoenigsheim

Hi all - i am still researching spraying a purchased centre console to body colour.

Question, I just cleaned the new console and it is pretty much mint.

Has anybody sprayed directly onto the old rubber fish paint?

will this lift etc?

Any thoughts?

Mike

You will 100% need to remove all the old rubberised paint,

It's not a hard job just painstakingly slow, and you need to be certain you've removed it all else it'll cause issues when you try and paint over. (Experienced this issue first hand when I did mine)

elliot_holder said:
You will 100% need to remove all the old rubberised paint,

It's not a hard job just painstakingly slow, and you need to be certain you've removed it all else it'll cause issues when you try and paint over. (Experienced this issue first hand when I did mine)

Ahh balls - I thought that would be the case! Thanks for the confirmation - paint stripped next week than.

Am in no hurry on this - just a project as and when - I want to give it a go myself more as a self learning. I have done a few smaller spray jobs but this is a large piece.

When I screw it up I can either get an expert to do it or I can get it covered in Leather..

thanks for the quick response guys.

Got my center console back 2 weeks ago from wicked coatings and can tell you I was bloody surprised with the quality of the job done. It's top class and worth to money.

J

TonyC911 said:
I would recommend a third party such as Wicked Coatings if you want a top quality prep and finish - see the results here (including mine!) :

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116174&highlight=wicked

Hi Tony - yes, I saw this and watched avidly - saw yours in Silver!.. especially the carbon dipped ones on the last page. quality is clearly top notch.
like I said though - this is a pet project for me initially...

Good luck with your diy project mate , I am a +3 for Wicked Coatings quality and finish , they have done loads for me. :thumb:

To date my best mod, really lifted the interior and Wicked were brilliant.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back