Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo waste gate - loose flap - some advice needed please

Deakmeister1

Ok so I'm in the process of replacing my catch tanks and some oil hoses - I noticed yesterday that the left hand turbo wastegate has a couple of mm movement and feels loose in the seating, the drivers side is quite tight in comparison? I'm assuming that the passenger side is not how it should be - correct? The actuator rods are in pretty good condition but the adjuster nut on the rear left is pretty much just a corroded blob of mess so I'm going to try and remove this - does any one know what size the thread is?
The drivers side has no adjuster nuts on it - only a clip that is pretty corroded too.
Once I have sorted this out I will need to set it up, the car is not mapped and is on K16 turbos - can anyone advise me on the correct procedure for this please?
Lots of questions I know sorry - thanks in advance.

Sorry been offline busy with things.

So it is important that the wg is closed properly on both sides and activates at the same pressure to have perfect balance.

If the wg is not closing on one side then it will leak boost and that turbo will be slower to build the target boost. Where the rod connects to the wastegate do you have any adjustment left to make it tight? If not then you could drill out the wastegate connection but it is not easy - normally you would remove the turbo and fit a new wg - is the seal on the wg okay ?

To set up you need to use a mitivac - the wastegate should crack open at 6.5psi on stock k16

Maybe post up some photos

Ken

This picture shows how loose the waste gate flap is on left hand side

This picture shows the waste gate which seems to be intact and the seat looks pretty good.

That's what's left of the right side adjuster - the waste gate on this side feels like its sat nicely and looks intact.

Thanks Ken - I will get to it over the weekend and see how I get on.
Will report back soon.

Thank you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back