Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3/ Aerokit Bumper

DucatiRob

Found this on Teile:

https://teile.com/en/porsche-parts-...er-covering-with-headlight-washer-system/4100

Have been looking for a GT3 fount bumper for a while, seems like good value? Most I have seen on eBay are around £1k for second hand OEM items, mostly with some damage, or fibreglass items from Eastern Europe!

This is described as 'GT3 look', any idea what the difference might be? Also, what other bits might I need for fitting?

Cheers :thumb:

I'd say it's because of copyright laws. Probably exactly the same look when on the car.

Minus Porsche tax of course.

You'll need the rubber lip by the looks and shouldn't it fit straight on :dont know:

Sorry can't be any more help but that would look great on the car rob 8)

Looks like a decent price! You'll also need the left and right grill frames so that the inlets marry up to the radiators. Got mine from Porsche parts, think they were about 60 quid. You can swap the centre panel from the old bumper to the new one. I picked up a new one for about £30 from ebay a couple of weeks back as a spare. You'll also have to swap a couple of the fixings over, these were pretty easy, just drill off from the old bumper and rivet to the new one. I made some grills from mesh brought of ebay, best to install them when the bumper is off as its a pain to do once on the car. I can provide part numbers/pics and links if needed.

Cheers

Tiele.com only sell OEM parts as far as I'm aware.
And that looks like a genuine Aerokit number.

Difference between it and a GT3 number is the 'smile' grill. Aero kit doesn't have this and therefore doesn't come with the support bracket fitted.
Doesn't stop you retrofitting one tho.

Thanks guys. Fairly sure these are OEM parts on Teile, they also sell the side vent frames for €27 each, if the centre frame is a straight swap then that would be great! :thumb:

Rob, they only sell genuine parts the reason they say gt3 style is because its a genuine aero kit bumper not a GT3 one the difference is the smille grille as other have said . Its a good price .
as RoxX says you need to change the grille attachments left and right ctr is the same and you can use the blank plate if its a man or the grille surround if its a tip or has 3rd rad fitted.
you will also need the lower lip , mate buy original or at min Plastic not GRP and get the gt3 one not the cup one (no twin air flow holes) as its deeper and will catch on everything.

Phil 997 said:
Rob, they only sell genuine parts the reason they say gt3 style is because its a genuine aero kit bumper not a GT3 one the difference is the smille grille as other have said . Its a good price .
as RoxX says you need to change the grille attachments left and right ctr is the same and you can use the blank plate if its a man or the grille surround if its a tip or has 3rd rad fitted.
you will also need the lower lip , mate buy original or at min Plastic not GRP and get the gt3 one not the cup one (no twin air flow holes) as its deeper and will catch on everything.

Cheers Phil :thumb: Thinking this will be my next project whilst I consider what to do with my Turbo wing and find a different solution for the air box!

Hi Rob. I recently fitted the aerokit front PU, bought it from Porsche notts at £911.81 (yes really - I didnt make that number up!) - looks exactly like the Teile i.e. Porsche OEM. This included the lower lip and everything needed to fit it - they even shipped it to the paint shop for me. I reckon that one you spotted is £725 + shipping, say £75 + lower lip which I think is about £200 = £1000.
It maybe worth checking what they include in the box, if it's everthing then its a good deal.

Dexterich said:
Hi Rob. I recently fitted the aerokit front PU, bought it from Porsche notts at £911.81 (yes really - I didnt make that number up!) - looks exactly like the Teile i.e. Porsche OEM. This included the lower lip and everything needed to fit it - they even shipped it to the paint shop for me. I reckon that one you spotted is £725 + shipping, say £75 + lower lip which I think is about £200 = £1000.
It maybe worth checking what they include in the box, if it's everthing then its a good deal.

Rob, worth the call mate as the lower lip is £200 the vent surrounds another £60 the pair so yes running close to 1k if the opc is cheaper for everything its a no brainer. :thumb: good call Dexterich :thumb: :thumb:

Ch eers guys, I am fairly certain its is the bumper only as they sell all the other bits too! But will check first before I order!

Worthwhile checking Porsche prices too then! :thumb:

they just sprayed this at the Independent and really they should have stripped it down as there is micro cracks even though its a new part.

I purchased new skin, splitter, side brackets and grills all from teile around 1200euros landed

robbiej said:
they just sprayed this at the Independent and really they should have stripped it down as there is micro cracks even though its a new part.

I purchased new skin, splitter, side brackets and grills all from teile around 1200euros landed

Micro cracks? I am guessing they probably come primed but they will still need to be rubbed down and well primed again before base and top coat! Maybe they over heated it to cure, new paint is pretty flexible so it would be unusual for cracks to appear so soon! Will they re-do it for you?

I will be painting mine myself, the paint I had mixed for my wing/decklid is a perfect match so I am more confident now to paint the front end :thumb:

looks like they are re-painting but painter claimed it was because they were pattern parts which they are not. The indi is fighting the corner

looks like a complete rub down is in order....

robbiej said:
looks like they are re-painting but painter claimed it was because they were pattern parts which they are not. The indi is fighting the corner

looks like a complete rub down is in order....

Sounds to me like they haven't prepped it properly and used a good quality primer that would have a flex additive. I'm not sure if these parts are pre primed, even if they are they would still need to clean thoroughly, wet sand and apply a good coat or two of primer.

Are they a decent body shop outfit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back