Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

St Tropez holiday

Alex

In about 20 minutes time I'm setting off down to St Tropez with my mate Dave for 11 days in the 996. Crossing on the tunnel late tonight then driving through the night down to Grenoble (via Paris). Should be hitting route Napoleon sometime in the morning, then following that down to Sisteron and on to St Tropez for shortly after lunch if all goes to plan. My lad's then flying down on Sunday to join us for the week.

Few things already planned and not really doing any 'driving days' but will be using the car daily blasting round the French Riviera. Off to Nice on Monday to the Jazz festival to see De La Soul & Herbie Hancock. Stopping over and then drive back early doors to meet a local (Blackburn) lad on his yacht for a day out on that. Other than that, mostly beach and nights out.

Just thought I'd do a quick post here so I've somewhere to update whilst I'm away.

Anyone on the M6/M40/M25/M20 in the next 6 hours keep your eyes peeled for an Arctic Silver 996 cab with 2 nutters in it.

See you on the other side!! 8)

Sounds great, have a top time Alex :thumb: :cheers:

Mankini packed :dont know:

Alex, have a fab time mate. Looks like you have it all sorted with your familiar routes. Monday sounds like it could be a top day. Looking forward to reading your posts. :thumb:

Man, that sounds fantastic :thumb:

Enjoy Alex sounds brilliant

Good luck and have fun...thats an ambitious drive on top of the stuff our side of the channel.....!!

Thanks guys. Just waiting to board the chunnel. Nightmare drive down to Birmingham, took us an hour and a quarter just to get on the M6 and it's only usually 15 minutes. M6 was pretend roadworks and speed cameras all the way as well as the obligitory traffic jams.

Can't wait to get on the autoroutes and maintain progress.

Here's a snap departing this avo:

acT73uF.jpg

Sounds mint Alex,I love the South of France,hope it's a superb holiday for all there,have one for me please on the harbour front looking at all those sweet yachts. :D

Arrived safe and sound yesterday avo after a hassle free blast through France. Route Napoleon was fun but the usual caravan led snail convoy meant I had to upset a few to maintain progress. What's the point of having all that power if you're not gonna use it? Really enjoyed the blast down the Autoroute from Sisteron down towards Aix en Provence- a couple of top down 150mph blasts were done on the quiet stretches. Stunning scenery too.

Managed to pick up a wine carrier for the back of the car from Domaine Tropez yesterday afternoon. Came with free bottle too!

Abientot mon amis!

hJstlBb.jpg

St. Tropez... french food......wine.....sunshine....beaches....yachts.....girls in bikini's.....driving a Porsche.....

I hate you Alex Yates..... :grin: :grin:

Yeah just a little bit jealous Alex...hope you all enjoy, have a glass of red for me :thumb: More pictures would be good.

John

Life's a beach! :bandit:

dpY1NRr.jpg

Enjoy mate!

Im playing on driving down to Nice in the Turbo on first week of august, cant wait.

How long was the drive to Grenoble?

UPDATE FROM A BROKEN MAN:

About 8 hours from Calais to Grenoble.

Still alive.....just. What a week - words can not describe. Loads of fun, amazing cars, blasts, over to Nice for 2 separate nights, plenty of daft stuff, mate's 50ft yacht, etc.

Car's been flawless apart from a noisy alternator now cured with wd40 magic spray and my aircon is bust.

Here's a quick snap of it looking sexy in the sunset at my gaff & a quick vid on the autoroute from Sisteron to Aix on the way down.

q9vWNCP.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back