Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jackpoint Jackstands - group shipping?

Ditto, 5 (heavy) boxes arrived and relevant people notified. Big thanks to John @ Jackpoint for speedy and thorough processing.

:thumb:

Stuart said:
Ditto, 5 (heavy) boxes arrived and relevant people notified. Big thanks to John @ Jackpoint for speedy and thorough processing.

:thumb:

Yes thanks to all that worked on making this happen, I can't see Royal Mail moving these items that quickly.

Peter, I'll contact you directly wrt collecting etc, though the hard part has been completed.

Parcel force 48 is quoted as £29.99 for 1 box from London to Yorkshire.

Ocean Blue,

I have sent you a mail re Pick up & divi of HMRC dues.

All,
Thanks to all for inclusion on the Group Buy, i had been looking at these in the US Market, via Excellence mag,for some time, this was a good way to get it done thanks again to all, in particular to Ocean Blue at the Northern end.

Now ......... what to buy next for the garage ??

Tire Totes / Tire Shoes ..... any suggestions ?

T

How about a set of "MyLiftStands" - that would fill a space in the garage (and take up a lot less space than my set of solid wooden home made ramps!). Again from the US of A - I don't know if I'm joking!

911TEL said:
Now ......... what to buy next for the garage ??

Tire Totes / Tire Shoes ..... any suggestions ?

If you want tyre totes/bags then most are a very snug fit for the wider 19" pork rubber. However the largest size Audi ones (for the A8 and Q7) are easily big enough and not overly pricey when I picked up a set via fleabay at the start of the year.

Only just clocked on to this, what a shame....exactly what i'm after!!

Feedback appreciated on how good the product is please!

Colin,

sorry , i only just saw your reply,
but cheers on the advice on the Tire totes, i will bear that in mind on my search..

Terry

shantybeater said:
Only just clocked on to this, what a shame....exactly what i'm after!!

Feedback appreciated on how good the product is please!

Ironically I still haven't used them on the 911 yet, however I have on one of the other cars in the household fleet. They are frankly excellent. Even though made of an ally alloy they aren't particularly light as they have an agreeable amount of metal in them. Footprint is about a foot by 18 inches and there is frankly no danger of them ever failing or anything falling off of them. The benefit of being designed by an American lawyer I guess : over engineered for the proverbial win and will undoubtedly last. The finish is slightly rough, but I find that a pleasingly industrial quality. Surprisingly easy to align when you jack the car up and set it on them too, so the short version is that while they aren't cheap, the product is IMHO excellent and I am very happy with them.

I used mine at the weekend, worked a treat. Very stable and had no questions on stability. Only just got the low entry pads under the car though.

So do they raise the car enough for you to work underneath? e.g. trans oil changes etc..?

Anyone interested in another group buy for the jackstands?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back