Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gear knob shift stick.. 996TT options??

3point6

Silverstone
I don't like my current gear shifter. It is the optional two piece item with crest. My previous car had the poverty spec single piece shifter which I much prefer...its far more ergonomic, feels better to use and looks better too.

I know there is a version of this one piece shifter in alcantara which was an option for the GT models..

Did I also read somewhere that a 997 shifter also fits..this would open up another few possibilities..?

Currently I have (in black)..

99642498100lr.jpg

I prefer this style..and here it is in alcantra with blue stitch..

304249_x800.jpg

I would ideally like it with silver stitch if that is an option....and eventually I'll do my steering wheel the same.

My current shifter has a metal rim base (as above) where the other shifter does not.. I would think they both fit the same though correct?

But what are the other options..do 997 shifters fit?

The 997 will fit but the gaiter will be different , You can always have the style you like retrimed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back