Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CLK63 AMG black series

Test drove it at Brooklands when I went for AMG experience. It is a brutal car. Was not keen on its handling unless you like drifting.
Hope it works out for you 👍

Slayer said:
Test drove it at Brooklands when I went for AMG experience. It is a brutal car. Was not keen on its handling unless you like drifting.

Did you drive the actual car I'm looking at or another CLK BS?

And yes, the drift happy handling is part of the appeal!

RJW1881 said:
Slayer said:

Did you drive the actual car I'm looking at or another CLK BS?

And yes, the drift happy handling is part of the appeal!

It was a 63 but not the black edition. Sounded great with lots of power.
I like a bit of 4 WD stability 😟

The original press car in silver was for sale somewhere on PH (Reg K1 CLK), from the orginal Clarkson review on Top Gear.

Was going for the same price but missed out on that as well. In fact i'd prefer the silver over the black but thats just me! :grin:

Another CLK63 BS

Baker Brothers of Surrey just dropped a CLK63 BS with 14K on the clock.
RJW1881 - Would love to here your take on it once you pick up the other one!

115K is too rich for me so it looks like i am now priced out of this market!!!
:sad:

Supercharged VXR8

Update,

Went back to Furlonger Friday to see the car with the PPF removed, it didn't go well. approx 20% of the paint pulled off the front bumper, the bonnet and wings had been re-sprayed badly in the past and the rest of the car was tatty with chips on the rear arches and bumper, etc... I would have to have had a full respray to be happy with it, so walked away.

Its a shame, I went North yesterday and test drove this, I'm about 5 mins away from putting a deposit on it, any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...108921?hash=item43f69a3079:g:wqoAAOSwNRdX9TSY

Re: Supercharged VXR8

RJW1881 said:
Update,

Went back to Furlonger Friday to see the car with the PPF removed, it didn't go well. approx 20% of the paint pulled off the front bumper, the bonnet and wings had been re-sprayed badly in the past and the rest of the car was tatty with chips on the rear arches and bumper, etc... I would have to have had a full respray to be happy with it, so walked away.

Its a shame, I went North yesterday and test drove this, I'm about 5 mins away from putting a deposit on it, any thoughts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...108921?hash=item43f69a3079:g:wqoAAOSwNRdX9TSY

Surprised by that especially from Furlonger and the fact that the car is low mileage. Does this indicate poor installation of the film or rather the car has been repaired (due to an accident) and insufficient time has by been given to allow the paint to cure before the PPF was applied?

Thoughts anyone?
K

RJW1881 said:
Update,

Having seen the car after I don't agree with your appraisal. It's not perfect but it's a cheap black that can be made perfect with little outlay.

You have just bought a car at a quarter the price of the black to me that's speaks volumes.

Furlongers is a professional outfit, don't put them down.

Boba fett said:
RJW1881 said:
Update,

Having seen the car after I don't agree with your appraisal. It's not perfect but it's a cheap black that can be made perfect with little outlay.

You have just bought a car at a quarter the price of the black to me that's speaks volumes.

My dealings with furlonger have been far from perfect, if you know them then feel free to ask Matt directly. Although not perfect, they are a reputable outfit and most of the issues were directly related to the SOR nature of the sale.

I take a little offence to the comment regard to the purchase price of the VXR8 speaking volumes? (Cheeky *****!) The value I see in a car and the amount of cash I decide to spend on a car is directly related to my personal preference at that given moment based on reputable information available to me. The fact that I paid 1/3 of the price I would have paid for the CLK BS on the VXR8 should say no more than I felt it to be better value.

I like the idea of a special edition, 2 seat, hard core version of an already fast 4 door production car ( hence the CLK63 BS) so I have decided to put a deposit on a new BMW M2 GTS which is due to be released early 2019 circa £100k and the VXR8 is a bit of fun to fill in until it arives? I have a BMW M1 coupe and a 228i in the family so have a good relationship with local BMW dealer and stand a very good chance of getting one of the very limited M2 GTS's.

Just because I decided to spend less on a car the other week should say nothing about how much I am prepared to spend on the right car!

Boba fett said:

Looks to me that someone has a personal interest in Furlongers - Jumping to the defense of a garage and questioning someones personal opinion suggests an ulterior motive.

crash7 said:
Boba fett said:

Looks to me that someone has a personal interest in Furlongers - Jumping to the defense of a garage and questioning someones personal opinion suggests an ulterior motive.

Who me :puh:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back