Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

British GP next weekend

Methodman

I'm going to the British GP for the first time, I'll be using the car parking (circuit) and just wondered if anyone has any advice regarding what's the best time to get there, leave etc (we're staying at Sedgebrook Hall) and don't know the area at all as we're driving down from Aberdeen, in the 911 of course!

Any help/tips would be appreciated!
:thumb:

Get there as early as you can, I'd set off @7am from the hotel, then leave as late as you can, as it takes forever to get out. Traffic management is better that it's been for a long time, but it's still a challenge.

Thanks for that, we were going to leave around 8am but we'll make it that hour earlier just to be safe, is it a solid ground car park there or is it a field or something? Just wondering for traction if it's wet :dont know:

...... forget the car ....... get out the helicopter ......... :)

....... and don't go there wearing this ......

2064671069537ae4386f621.jpg

OK ....... that's your problem ....... not mine ...... lol ...... ;)

Grass with gravelly tracks to the car parks, but some are all tarmac or all gravel,depends where you are parking. If it stays dry all week, you'll be fine. Getting in and out is better than it's ever been, but a lot of traffic trying to do the same is always tricky. Went last year and it wasn't that bad, but I'm local, so know all the local lanes and shortcuts.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! I'll be sure to arrive early and leave later I think :thumb:

I'm no big fan of F1 or Silverstone but last time I went we got helicoptered in, appalling weather, hail storm.. frightening!

I would say go very early and leave as soon as you can, traffic is hell! I remember in the late 80's it taking 5 hours to get home, only 20 miles! I'd also sat on a biro and had a blue arse for several weeks :oops: :eek:

A friend is selling 2 Grandstand tickets, including shuttle bus, for £600 (face value).

Be quick if you want them

Has anyone done the camping side of things?
I've just been given a ticket and was curious as to whether or not the British GP is 911 friendly.
From my understanding you park where you camp. Just concerned about foolish behaviour.

Traffic in and out is bloody good nowadays. Four lanes in from either direction and four lanes out in either direction. Even access into the car parks is pretty quick nowadays. But before the A43 and the road to the circuit was dualled and it took days to get out sometimes. :lol:

It may take an hour but that depends on the time of day. If you head in before 8am and hang around until 6pm, you'll be in and out very quickly. Long old day though.

I'm there on saturday and sunday this year - saturday with wife and kids. Sunday with wife and Mr & Mrs Porkee who are crashing at ours on saturday night. We're just a couple of miles from the circuit, but we've got hospitality parking, so may as well use it. Saves riding a bike there.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back