Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C4S @ £120k with 59k miles

jpsand993c2s

Porsche 911 Carrera 4 'S' Coupe (993), 6-speed, Ocean Blue, cashmere leather sport seats with electric height adjustment, full leather interior

porsche-911-carrera-4-s-218421828-1.jpg

porsche-911-carrera-4-s-218421828-3.jpg

porsche-911-carrera-4-s-218421828-5.jpg

porsche-911-carrera-4-s-218421828-7.jpg

porsche-911-carrera-4-s-218421828-10.jpg

I forecast 993 4S's would hit the £100k+ mark this year :)

Lets face it there are not many of them especially with the correct mileage such as this ie not too low to not be driveable and you can put a few thousand on each year without affecting value. Plus its from a premium seller.

As I've been telling Zingari for years now there is still plenty of headroom in 993 WB NA manual cars. The last of an iconic breed never to be replicated. The 4S will always have the edge over the 2S in the UK as there are less, all manual and extra spec as standard especially the full leather interior.

Zingari, still room to jump in as the 964 anniversaries have done there dough now :floor:

It's not to say that the 993 won't sell at that price but some of Paragon's stock is so overpriced it's been kicking around for years- such as the 1968 2.0S priced at 175 grand which has been for sale for as long as I can remember.

Paragon ask some silly prices ...... but others are worse!!! ...... that sort of money for 993 4S is silly money ....... if it's bought ...... I doubt if it is gonna be driven that much ...... :(

At that price, with that interior... :? They offered me 18 months ago less than 1/2 that for my 4S :roll:

That asking price, with that trim/paint combination, certainly makes mine sitting at OPC in Aberdeen after a full and comprehensive restoration look like much better value...

:grin:

Really like the exterior and interior colour mix on this one. Does look like they have pushed 20-25% too far, especially as it is a 4wd but what would I know?

At that price it makes my widebody 993S a bargain (currently in prep @JZM).
Perhaps I should tell Russ to hold back and add another 10 large to the price.

:?:

I like this car.....

... but would I like a brand new 991 Turbo S, with no miles and 2 years warranty ( for similar money once I'm into the £120k+ region and a bit more) and not work about mileage or repairs?

:thumb:

Or a brand new 991S cabriolet ?

What would others choose with £120K?

MNC911 said:
I like this car.....

... but would I like a brand new 991 Turbo S, with no miles and 2 years warranty ( for similar money once I'm into the £120k+ region and a bit more) and not work about mileage or repairs?

:thumb:

Or a brand new 991S cabriolet ?

What would others choose with £120K?

Agree with your thoughts.
I cannot get the thought of buying something with outdated technology at such staggering prices. All said some take it as classics and shell out their hard earned cash.

993 Turbo money IMO. I could see it at £80 - 90k if it was in a good or unusual colour but I fear this will end up in another collection gathering dust as someone's pension fund.

C.

cableguy said:
993 Turbo money IMO. I could see it at £80 - 90k if it was in a good or unusual colour but I fear this will end up in another collection gathering dust as someone's pension fund.

C.

Robert Maxwell offered a 'better' fund than dumping all your dough balls deep in this, unless they offered a 40% discount :roll:

:hand: Jonttt's crystal ball has a software error as we've only seen one car over the 'magical' 100k by a top dealer chancing their arm to catch someone like a moth to a flame :roll:

Personally if the market was strong to offer 100k for a 4S it would be folly for an owner not to sell as the classic market is going to be uncertain and they'll be shaking like a shitting dog if they drive it. Dump the dough in a property as prices are falling but rental demand is still high. Or buy a cheap 964.

My Jubi is for sale at the right money :grin:

I was having a chat with the owner of Coys last week and he said they've seen about a 20% reduction in classic car prices this year. Admittedly they're end of the classic car market isnt the £100k Porsche bracket side but surely it has to filter down.

I think the mileage on this car puts it outside of collectors.

The market will / is shifting for NA WB 993's to those that can afford multiple cars ie they probably already have several 991 Turbo S equivalent cars. I know a couple of new owners who simply would not have entertained a 993 when it was a sub £50k car, different world.

Future owners will be made up of the above and current owners who would not buy at the new prices but have no reason incentive to sell at the same time.

Over the next 10 years as hybrid / electric power, turbo and auto boxes / semi automated driving takes over the world there are a few "classic" cars which will rise and rise in value. Ferrari and Porsche are safe bets in that regard IMHO, especially the last of the analogue breeds where advances in tech (navigation / comms, etc.....) make no difference as they had none of that to start with. The 993 added with its low running / maintenance costs ticks every box there is = plenty of room yet for prices to rise and rise.

This one is just pushing the envelope..... and envelope which will continue to be pushed for many years yet. In a continually rising market there will always be those that push the top prices up. Look back, saw the very same discussions for the past 4 years :bandit:

A glance at the Paragon site and I cannot see the listing... Is it in prep or already sold to yet another collector!

:?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back