Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake dust / heat shield

mun802

Silverstone
My rear brake dust heat shield is rattling around from couple of sheared bolts from what i can see.

Tried google without success , but was wondering do you have to remove caliper etc to change. Cant make out which way bolt heads are orientated without jacking up and removing wheel.

I'd imagine it will be caliper and disc off

You need to remove the disc to get at these, the holes are blind tapped from the outside.

When removing/refitting the caliper pay particular attention to the caliper bolt torque settings, they are low and that way for a reason as the bolts have a tendency to strip the threads in the carrier, usually down to them being over tightened or cross threaded. - If this happens its not the end of the world but you will need a heli-coil kit to rectify.

Thanks guys for your help. Bit of a ball ache of a job then and £££'s too no doubt :eek:

Its not a difficult job, a little time consuming but not difficult.

The only area of concern is the caliper bolts but in general its a walk in the park.

I actually removed my dust shields to help with brake cooling, I have suffered no adverse effects and to my knowledge nor have others that have done the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back