Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Complete interior retrim - Recommendations needed

I contacted linas regarding having my armrest done wth the porsche crest logo and the reply back i got was, dont have enough cow skins in stock and looking in to purchase goat and camel skin as a substitute and mention the smell of the goat skin is abit strange compared to camel and cow skins, i thought f@@k me whats all this about?? Some kind of a wind up??? Any more kinds of skins ill be sitting in zoo/farm whilst driving and the 3D smell to go with it?? Not enough my car already smells of leather im having goats and camels conjuring up strange smells.

I said yeah thanks ill let you know about the substitutes, he seemed like a nice person to chat with thou !!

J

What kind of retrim are you after? If it's back to stock then I would have thought it would be worth picking up a full interior of fleabay. Bound to be some nice ones out there from cars that have been written off. :?:

What kind of retrim are you after? If it's back to stock then I would have thought it would be worth picking up a full interior of fleabay. Bound to be some nice ones out there from cars that have been written off. :?:

Dream911 said:

I have the stock seats, it's more further enhancements.
I'm looking to have the contrast stitching changed to red throughout and a dash of alcantara here and there (lower dash, rear seat centers, door cards etc). Also the lower plastic covers around the boot release switches by the doors covered in leather and the black seat belts changed to red.

AdeD said:
..... and a dash of alcantara here and there (lower dash, rear seat centers, door cards etc). Also the lower plastic covers around the boot release switches by the doors covered in leather and the black seat belts changed to red.

Sorry about that Adrian

You really shouldn't have sat in my GTS

:floor:

AdeD said:
..... and a dash of alcantara here and there (lower dash, rear seat centers, door cards etc). Also the lower plastic covers around the boot release switches by the doors covered in leather and the black seat belts changed to red.

That is going to look good with those GT2 seats.

askgeez said:
AdeD said:

Sorry about that Adrian

You really shouldn't have sat in my GTS

:floor:

Yep, the rear seats part is ALL your fault :D :D :D

*Update* Linas has responded with a time slot for the work, just awaiting the quote now, fingers crossed i can finally get a confirmed booking.

Keep thinking of adding some red to my cockpit, steering wheel restitch in red plus seatbelts but it's a slippery slope. :eek:

Trimmania are very good, this is also however reflected in their prices. :eek:

I have seen Signer like interiors they have done on 911's that look superb!

Website is not the best

http://www.trimmania.com/

As far as I'm concerned there is only one option for this now - Linas at Design LS.My seats are there right now. Never had any issues getting them in but I did organise it in Feb! I am having custom design. I am getting them back next Friday.

AdeD said:
*Update* Linas has responded with a time slot for the work, just awaiting the quote now, fingers crossed i can finally get a confirmed booking.

Ade, Good to hear as IMO he really is the best workmanship, hope you get it sorted soon and dont forget the pics mate :thumb:

:eek: I have no idea what the whole goat , camel, ostrich skin thing was all about.
maybe hes branching out into the Asia markets. :floor: :floor: although a snake skin armrest and handbrake might be worth considering :grin: :grin: :thumb:

isysman said:
As far as I'm concerned there is only one option for this now - Linas at Design LS.My seats are there right now. Never had any issues getting them in but I did organise it in Feb! I am having custom design. I am getting them back next Friday.

Hmm intriguing...what design are you having done? He is doing a yellow and black office chair for me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back