Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Loose rubber hose

stefano1

Hi All. Newbie lurker here so sorry for first asking a question.

Hopefully picture works but I discovered a rubber pipe with only one end attached to the unit with cap entitled 'Hydraulic Oil' and Pentosin CHF 11S. Not sure but guessing this is for the power steering??

Car is a 996 Carrera 4 (2002) coupe

Presuming it needs to be fixed rather than an overflow...any help on where this should be attached to much appreciated....

PS loving the car - will intro myself more fully once I've done some decent pics etc

Attachments

• img_1007_433.jpg
    img_1007_433.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 1,632
its a breather hose for the power steering resovoir. Doesn't connect to anything.

Should just be tucked next to that battery connection terminal, can see it above the yellow arrow here.

pic01.jpg

There's a clip that it sits in, point the pipe downwards in it, with a gentle curve so it's not blocked.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back