Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Complete interior retrim - Recommendations needed

AdeD

So i've been trying for a month now to get my car booked in for a complete interior retrim but it would appear that no one wants my money or business. I have tried 2 retrimmers that have a great reputation for quality but their communication has been seriously lacking or totally non existant.
I have even visited one and said i want to book it in now but he sent me away saying he'd send me a quote that evening, still nothing... last update from him after chasing was he was waiting for another potential client to confirm their booking and pay a desposit first, really? Hello, I'm here, begging to spend money with you and you're telling me to wait before you'll even send me a quote!!

So, any recommendations other than Design LS or MJ Interiors? In the south preferred but i'm willing to travel for quality if needed.

Porsche News said:
Ade

that isnt the 1st time ive heard that problem

There are other trimmers that are in the SE that ive seen on line, but have no info to support their services

there are limited reviews via Google on the following but apart from being listed in Goggle, the usual caveat emptor applies to all of the following

http://www.auto-interiors.co.uk/
http://www.surreytrimming.co.uk/
http://www.lavishautomotive.co.uk/
http://tiggydesign.com/
http://surreycarinteriors.co.uk/

Wow, some shocking websites there lol... A coule of good ones as well and fairly close to me so will be giving them a call / visit.. perfect, thanks :D

I've also been recommended CSG Trimming in Southampton, anyone used these?

m119cars said:
My brother had a complete interior done on his 930 by

http://www.southboundtrimmers.com/ last year.

Top quality job but he had to book months in advance.

Thanks bud, keen to get it done asap really... also only seems to have classics on his website.

Ade, these guys have a very good rep on the south coast , and always have high end cars in when I pass .

http://www.kbaggstrimming.co.uk/

DesignLS are very good, but he is a one man band and I think he gets swamped with work sometimes . unfortunately these guys often become a victim of there own good rep.

keep us posted on progress :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Ade, these guys have a very good rep on the south coast , and always have high end cars in when I pass .

http://www.kbaggstrimming.co.uk/

DesignLS are very good, but he is a one man band and I think he gets swamped with work sometimes . unfortunately these guys often become a victim of there own good rep.

keep us posted on progress :thumb:

Cheers Phil, they look good also... added to the list to contact :)

The good ones are always busy and take bookings quite a way in advance.

DesignLS - very good. I am having work done by Linas now, but left the items with him to fit in when he can. I know he is very busy with bookings and that reflects in some delay in responding. Someone else on here is shipping seats to him as well I noticed and I know he had a full vw transporter interior to do recently.

Southbound - also worth the wait having seen the finish on Mike's riv blue car, looks better than factory new.

G2 said:

DesignLS - very good. I am having work done by Linas now, but left the items with him to fit in when he can. I know he is very busy with bookings and that reflects in some delay in responding. Someone else on here is shipping seats to him as well I noticed and I know he had a full vw transporter interior to do recently.

I don't mind waiting but i need a confirmed date, when i visited he told me he has a 2 week slot in Aug he could do it in... but, he still hasn't quoted despite promising to do so 3 times and refuses to book it in anyway and so far from the initial 'can i book it in please?' email it's been a month and i still don't even have a quote!
He seems like a top bloke and is workmanship is second to none but thats simply not enough and his reputation will suffer if he doesn't improve his communications!

This place is about 2 miles from where I live

http://www.b-trim.co.uk/

I know my neighbour has had a few bits done there :dont know:

Had same issues with one of the above mentioned company's too :roll:

:sad:

AdeD said:
G2 said:

I don't mind waiting but i need a confirmed date, when i visited he told me he has a 2 week slot in Aug he could do it in... but, he still hasn't quoted despite promising to do so 3 times and refuses to book it in anyway and so far from the initial 'can i book it in please?' email it's been a month and i still don't even have a quote!
He seems like a top bloke and is workmanship is second to none but thats simply not enough and his reputation will suffer if he doesn't improve his communications!

Linas is currently doing some seats for me. I'm going to visit him tomorrow, if you want I can have a chat with him if you PM me your exact requirements.

Bikeracer1098 said:
Linas is currently doing some seats for me. I'm going to visit him tomorrow, if you want I can have a chat with him if you PM me your exact requirements.

He's had my requirements for some time now but thanks... :thumb:

Bikeracer1098 said:
AdeD said:
G2 said:

Rich, I would mention to him because Ade's not the first to say that this year and Linas is highly rated on this forum so he needs to be aware in general that the internet can be good for him and can also finish him as word of mouth now covers the whole country/world and negative reviews are there for ever and will still be haunting him in years to come. its never his work its always his communication that lets him down. So give him a heads up mate :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Bikeracer1098 said:
AdeD said:
G2 said:

Rich, I would mention to him because Ade's not the first to say that this year and Linas is highly rated on this forum so he needs to be aware in general that the internet can be good for him and can also finish him as word of mouth now covers the whole country/world and negative reviews are there for ever and will still be haunting him in years to come. its never his work its always his communication that lets him down. So give him a heads up mate :thumb:
Phil right Linus needs to know, any work I've had done by him I've got quotes within a couple of days from him, his work is excellent and I'd hate for his good name to go downhill!! But I totally understand how frustrating it can be!!

On another note what trim and colour is the op going for??

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back