Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 2
997 : 2004- 67
996 : 1997-2005 45
993 : 1993-1998 7
964 : 1989-1993 1
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 17
Cayman : 2005- 15
Cayenne : 2003- 12
Macan : 2014- 3
Panamera : 2009- 3
912-914-924-928-944-968 5
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Lasrblueexige
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera Warnings on 991.2 PCM and other PCM tricks Reply with quote

This journey of discovery came about because I had driven a friends 991.1 Cab in the US and I recall he listened to Internet Radio through out the whole journey on his PCM…they played just music without any interruptions, my ideal type of radio station.

I had not found this functionality on my 991.2 T4S so the challenge was to wade through the instruction manual and get it working. Well after a frustrating 30 minutes, I was none the wiser although I had noticed that there was an Apps Icon on the Home Screen. When I tried to select this it said that I needed to Register with Porsche Connect.

Well I thought I already had this as I have an App on my iPhone which tells me were my car is parked, if the wing mirrors are in or out, trip stats and fuel status. To be honest it is a bit of a Chocolate Fireguard and have never really used it. I then popped into the App Store and discovered there are actually two Porsche Apps, One called PCM Connect and the other, which I had, called Porsche Car Connect.

So I downloaded this and connected the iPhone to the car and hey presto a number of apps appeared on the PCM after I had selected Apps from the Main Screen. The App allows you to pass Calendar Appointments, Contacts, Photos and Destinations, based on selecting a location on the app, to the PCM. This will also help when definingIn addition, if your Car in connected to the Internet with a Sim Card you can also access Internet Radio Stations.

As part of the PCM Connect App Setup on my iPhone I also noticed that there is a Web Portal to go along with this App. This I registered for and after accessing it, discovered I could upload Personal POIs and groups of POIs to the site which are then downloaded onto the PCM. This functionality makes the loading of speed camera POI files to the PCM a reality. In addition, the PCM itself has the capability of associating a proximity warning to different POI types and this could be set for Speed Cameras if you so chose.

I can’t claim I discovered this completely on my own as I was significantly aided by a post on Porsche Club GB. Here is the link to the instructions;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fk5hb16pvjmd8p/How%20to%20add%20speed%20camera%20warnings%20to%20the%20New%20Porsche%20PCM%204.docx?dl=0

Lasrblueexige
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will also help when definingIn addition, if your Car in connected to the Internet with a Sim Card you can also access Internet Radio Stations.

Please read

This will also help when defining stop overs in Tours. Using the App you can point to the stop overs on the App map and save them each as a POI , say POI A, POI B etc up a maximum of 8. Send those to the car and then create a Tour and load each of the POIs you have created, starting with the destination and working backwards.

In addition, if your Car in connected to the Internet with a Sim Card you can also access Internet Radio Stations.

huwcymro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera Warnings on 991.2 PCM and other PCM tricks Reply with quote

Lasrblueexige wrote:
This journey of discovery came about because I had driven a friends 991.1 Cab in the US and I recall he listened to Internet Radio through out the whole journey on his PCM…they played just music without any interruptions, my ideal type of radio station.

I had not found this functionality on my 991.2 T4S so the challenge was to wade through the instruction manual and get it working. Well after a frustrating 30 minutes, I was none the wiser although I had noticed that there was an Apps Icon on the Home Screen. When I tried to select this it said that I needed to Register with Porsche Connect.

Well I thought I already had this as I have an App on my iPhone which tells me were my car is parked, if the wing mirrors are in or out, trip stats and fuel status. To be honest it is a bit of a Chocolate Fireguard and have never really used it. I then popped into the App Store and discovered there are actually two Porsche Apps, One called PCM Connect and the other, which I had, called Porsche Car Connect.

So I downloaded this and connected the iPhone to the car and hey presto a number of apps appeared on the PCM after I had selected Apps from the Main Screen. The App allows you to pass Calendar Appointments, Contacts, Photos and Destinations, based on selecting a location on the app, to the PCM. This will also help when definingIn addition, if your Car in connected to the Internet with a Sim Card you can also access Internet Radio Stations.

As part of the PCM Connect App Setup on my iPhone I also noticed that there is a Web Portal to go along with this App. This I registered for and after accessing it, discovered I could upload Personal POIs and groups of POIs to the site which are then downloaded onto the PCM. This functionality makes the loading of speed camera POI files to the PCM a reality. In addition, the PCM itself has the capability of associating a proximity warning to different POI types and this could be set for Speed Cameras if you so chose.

I can’t claim I discovered this completely on my own as I was significantly aided by a post on Porsche Club GB. Here is the link to the instructions;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fk5hb16pvjmd8p/How%20to%20add%20speed%20camera%20warnings%20to%20the%20New%20Porsche%20PCM%204.docx?dl=0

I wrote this article for the Porsche club GB 991 Register after installing it on my 991.2 GTS. Please be aware, to download the speed camera database upgrades from the Pocket GPS world you need to sign for a yearly subscription of £19. Well worth it, you will get the updates then as well.

weejimmy
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just to confirm, I should be able to connect my phone up to the car wifi in order to use the PCM Connect app and I don't need a data sim in the car to do this? Sort of works, but the phone keeps falling off the car wifi... sometimes throws a login dialog but that just sits and spins? Then when I go back to wifi it's gone back to my home hub not the car....

weejimmy
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I'm still not sure I get the wifi connection to the car, but I did manage to load the speed camera POIs to the car and they showed up on the map. All good!

I then decided I didn't want the mobile ones as they are unlikely to be there versus fixed units so I unchecked those but they still show on the map. Is importing POIs a one way action? I hope not! Surely there is a way to delete them or at least dwctiveate them?

What am I missing?

#update. So it looks like I had to deactivate them on the connect portal and redownload the smaller set of POIs to only get the fixed cameras showing. Seems very counterintuitive to me!

Glad they are gone though as far too many mobiles to take notice of them. I still seem to have loads of other POI's showing though... like golf clubs and car parks which I don't remember searching for and which are unchecked. Doh.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: