Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Drivers door outer seal replacement

peterzoom

My replacement outer seal/scraper and fixings are due to arrive this week and I was wondering if anyone has already tackeled this job?
If you have are there any pearls of wisdom you would care to share about the task?

Yes that's the one. I bought a used one that was bought new as a replacement 2 years ago. At least that's the eBay story, the seller sounded genuine enough. He sold the car before fitting it. £40 delivered, has to be worth a go when compared to £180 for a brand new item.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
My new old stock seals arrived yesterday by way of Hermes.
Carton nicely wrapped and packed with red and white EXTREMELY FRAGILE caution tape liberally applied all over.
The delivery guy dumped the box outside our house at the front door.
When I came home and saw the state of the boxes exterior I was staggered, crushed and pierced full of more holes than a string vest.
I contacted the seller and shared the pics of the box asking him if he was happy for me to open it. He agreed and, no surprise, the seals were buckled and bent out of shape.
Back to the drawing board for me, this seal set is toast. Ordered new outer seal from OPC and just bit the bullet on the cost.
What a bummer though, shame on Hermes, no wonder the delivery driver cut and ran!

Hermes are the worst. Just recently myself had a similar experience with them

If the seller insured it through Hermes for the full amount he paid (i.e. OPC invoice not eBay sale price) he will get a swift refund from Hermes.

I send loads of stuff with hermes, and sometimes if you sell on eBay for less than you paid you kinda hope they lose it or damage it so you can get the full compensation from them!

Not good for you though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back