Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

water ingress

zagonda

Hi all. washed the car the other day and opened the passenger door to find water dripping from the bottom of the door card !
Anyone else had this problem ?
Would it be the window seal ?
Thanks.

zagonda said:
Hi all. washed the car the other day and opened the passenger door to find water dripping from the bottom of the door card !
Anyone else had this problem ?
Would it be the window seal ?
Thanks.

Sounds like the door membrane has failed - feel the bottom of the carpet on the door where it folds under the door, chances are its soaking wet & letting water in.

On the 997 the door membrane is a metal unit with a foam type bead which seals against the door. On earlier 996 models it was a foam panel with adhesive.

I replaced a passenger side door membrane on my 987 (same part for 997), from memory it cost about £200 including the part / fitting at the OPC.

ok, thanks guys. This membrane keeps the water in the doors and out the drain holes then ?

very common problem with the 997 , my indy brookspeed and I am sure others have a fix for it , they remove the door card and run a rubber bead around the same place as the original was and then refit the door card it has worked for me on both my gen1 doors and my gen2 drivers door. :thumb:

Or go,to,screw fix and get a silicone cartridge and gun, remove door panel and membrane, apply silicone around the seal and refit............sorted for next to zero dinah :thumbs:

a job for the weekend then.... Thanks for the help..... :worship:

Silicone would certainly seal it .. but if your window regulator fails and needs replaceing then i for one wouldn,t like to have to try and get that panel off to replace it lol .

Might i sugest something like windscreen butil if your going to seal it .. it will stop leaks but also allow the panel to be removed should you need to do so .

This stuff ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/2726843977...=9047014&device=c&campaignid=207297426&crdt=0

Great idea Demort.... and i as going to use No more nails...... :floor: :floor:

zagonda said:
Great idea Demort.... and i as going to use No more nails...... :floor: :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back