Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Details of Porsche Approved 993 Geneartion Warranty

Porsche News

Information correct as at time of posting.

What we've learned so far.

The 111 point check will vary from car to car and will depend on the level of items we need to contact Porsche on regarding non genuine or modified parts fitted to get authorisation.

The starting cost of the 111 point inspection will be £216.00 for a good clean standerd car and cost will go up accordingly to time taken to get a policy

1. Key questions raised

The policy is priced at £1,265 (inc. IPT) for a one-year stand-alone warranty and £1,175 for a one-year pre-owned ("regular") vehicle policy
It is only available for a 1-year period. There is currently no 2-year policy for 993.

Modifications to the vehicle (highly likely in a + 25 year old car) do not preclude a warranty being issued.

Porsche Assistance is also available for 911 (993) and remains £169 for one year and £275 for 2 years.

2. The 993 has a different 111 point check.

Centres should record vehicle modifications on the 911 (993) 111-pt check and these identified modifications will then be excluded from the Approved Warranty Insurance coverage.

Some items in the standard 111-pt check are superfluous (e.g. PCM) and are "greyed-out" during the check modifications on the car that.

3. The Approved Warranty terms and conditions

Similar to the standard Approved Warranty with :
- 125,000 mile limit prior to policy activation
- Servicing to have been done within the Porsche Centre network (or a major service conducted)

It would be useful to gather opinion on what would be covered if a 111 point election has been passed, that would not then be subject to a wear & tear decision.

:dont know:

Let me offer up a few ideas...

1. Gearbox differential failure ??
2. Instrument Failure ?
3. Targa roof ?

:weed:

I think this is opening up a can of worms for Porsche .. if they can warrenty a 993 with mods but just exclude them from any claim then surely they should do this for Any Model .

Anyways .. not the question ..

I would think an engine failure would be covered , not to many 993,s tend to self destruct .

Gearbox failure but not syncros .

I would also assume most electrical items would be covered .

Roof systems , targa or sunroof , although targa would be extremely expensive.

Seat frames but not foam or covers.

Seat motors ( under electric items really )

No to suspension
No to exhaust
No to oil leaks of any kind .

What would be nice is if they covered chassis rail corrosion .. cant say thats normal .. or can they lol .

Soooo..

The owner pays for;
*the 111 check (and presumably anything that needs 'remedied' i.e. Discs and pads that may be worn to OPC standards :p )
*the warranty (obviously!)
*an OPC service

Question.

What's in this for the owner ? :grin:

Smoke and mirrors. It very much reminds me of the experience of my great aunt:

The largest bill for fictitious work carried out on a woman's car by garage mechanics was one of £6,322.88 charged by Joskin Bros Motors Ltd. of Stevenage, Herts. (GB). Calling in for a routine service on her one-year-old Peugeot 305, Mrs. June Spears agreed to pay for, amongst other things, new trumpets (£725), cracked gangle pin (£1,785), realignment of main glib shaft (£2,268), new grommets (£112), set of hexagonal tag nuts and dangleberry adapter (£35) and new piss-take valves (£120). No work was actually carried out on the car during the six weeks that it spent at the garage but 4000 miles were put on the clock and she later received a speeding summons from Italian police.

:bandit:

The dangleberry adaptor failed its truss a few weeks after leading to the Trading Standands investigation uncovering the other missing parts.

Sounds like they're hoping to build a decent war chest for when they offer a similar deal for the 996. :D

I'm curious to understand what the benefits of the warranty would be.

Now that I've had the big ticket items sorted (clutch and flywheel, suspension, rust in front and rear screens, wings and chassis rail), I don't need to spend £1K+ pa on maintenance.

Sutton said:
I'm curious to understand what the benefits of the warranty would be.

If I were a gambling man I would put forward the speculative notion that the purpose of offering this is so that OPCs will be able to sell the 993 with a full Porsche factory warranty. One suspects that is where the demand comes from rather than a desire to offer a warranty option for existing owners. This may well be a toe in the water for a main dealer network warranty scheme for more classic pork too :?:

[Point being that if they sell classic cars currently then the supplying dealer or perhaps a retail group in such cases could do a years warranty, but this offering would open that up to coverage across the entire OPC network]

But where I am coming from is that the benefit as far as I can see is more to the main dealer network franchises than to existing 993 drivers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back