Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

duck tail for a 997?

The price is cause it's for a Porsche but I had considered making a carbon fibre one until I seen the detail

rob_p said:
tims1959 said:
Phil 997 said:
Rob out of interest where did you get the rear light from mate as I have a couple of led cells out on my rear wing light and dont know where /how to get them fixed so was going to buy another light unit. :thumb:

Sorry to butt in - Phil, the part is 997 631 052 01 - same part is shared by 997.2 GT3 RS and Sport Classic. Was £62 +VAT in 2014

Yes that. I couldn't remember the part number (but it's on the design911 website - it can came straight from the dealer and wasn't much more than quoted above, if any.

Great thanks Tim and Rob, sorry for the slight thread hijack now back to topic :thumb:

997 Sport Classic vs RPM Technik Duck

photo.php

19055334_10158750020805043_7746486393091005213_o.jpg

If it helps a white GTS with a ducktail looks like this:

That GTS looks a bit odd in that it has two third brake lights. When Porsche fitted a ducktail to the Sport Classic they used the panel from the turbo to fit at the base of the rear window - no brake light on that panle and the one in the spoiler does the job.

Having said that the duck looks great. Nice fit, is it an RPM one do you know?

Looks like this without the 3rd brake light....

IMG_20160501_161427022_zps9qrkmqdu.jpg

Better shot....

IMG_20160313_162913586_zpsuk6rkpq5.jpg

Rob ,where was the best price you found for the brake light delete panel mate

Phil 997 said:

Ah.... I got mine from isysman on here so a bit of a bargain. Sorry I can't be of more help!

rob_p said:
Phil 997 said:

Ah.... I got mine from isysman on here so a bit of a bargain. Sorry I can't be of more help!

***** missed out on that lol . thanks anyway Rob. :thumb:

can you post a pic of the underside of the spoiler please.

Or where the wiring loom goes into the spoiler to get to the brake light?

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back