Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potential new purchase. Your thoughts on the colour.

Saw a macadamia 997 at simply porsche , I have to say they look nice in the flesh , it was a sunny day and the metallic brown looked fantastic . I also like the black/brown interior . rare colour and stand out from the blacks and silvers. Won't be every ones choice but thats why most buy black or silver as they are safe colours and 911s aren't supposed to be safe :floor: I don't dislike black or silver but I really like the more unusual Porsche colours.

Hope its a good one and if you buy it enjoy it :thumb:

Love the colour and the interior colour. Really beautiful.

Personal Choice

The car certainly looks to be set at a good price for a 3.8, if it all checks out to be cosha. Can just see in one pic it has full elec seats. Manual with LSD increases appeal as well, as does suspension refresh.

It has to be about the package as a whole. I have not seen that colour in the flesh before. Does it have a metallic fleck in the paint, if so I think it would seal the deal for me.

I ended up with an Artic Silver one which was not on my list of wants.
Think that you will know in the first 30 seconds if it is a colour for you. After that it will be about all the other stuff - condition of vehicle history etc.

I would go and have a look with an open mind I personally like things a bit different.

Enjoy.

regards
Glen

Again thanks for the replies. I am viewing it tomorrow, so l will let you know the outcome.
Love comment about it looking like a giant Hushpuppy :floor:

I like the interior colour. The exterior colour is very grown up and sophisticated but as has been said before not sure that reconciles with image of the 911. Good luck with the viewing.

Brown on brown (Macadamia on Cocoa) That is a rare combo indeed. There can't be more than a handful of those in this country surely!!

I am a fan and others will be too. Since it is so rare it will help the residual too.
Get it bought...Love it

Hmmmm, tough call.

You'll know after tomorrow.

Could look lovely with gold wheels.:?:

Enjoy the day.

Each to there own,but for me that type of colour reminds me of really manky cars from my childhood like avengers and vivas from the 70s,pure diorhea on wheels.

If the colour is for you and makes the car special get it bought and be happy.

How weird is that, I just now finished a bar of chocolate and saw the picture of the car, different but each to their own taste, if you are a serious chocolate lover then it's a bonus, if you own a chocolate factory then it's an advertisement to your business.. Either way enjoy...... Now off to make a hot chocolate.. Good luck !!!

Cheers

J

Good luck with the viewing and remember in the real world cars are not discounted due to colour! That ones cheap (ish) cause of the high miles, which is what would put me off, the colour woundnt. There's plenty out there who don't want black :D

My first thought was no. But its growing on me the more I look at it. I like the fact it's a bit different. The important thing is that you're happy with it. The price is good, probably due to the high milage rather than the colour as mentioned previously. Let us know how the viewing goes, good luck.

Macadamia can look good in the bright sun when the car is immaculately clean. However, on an overcast day, it can look a bit crap.

A Porsche is known for its sporty nature and I would question whether one should steer too far from traditionally accepted sporty colours.

OK. The night before l was due to veiw the car, l rang and cancelled, l just was not sure about the colour. However, the next day l couldn't help thinking that l had made a mistake so l decided to view it anyway. Everything else ticket all the right boxes. I went to view it with my son in law Martin who is also a Porsche owner. Incidentally he was very anti the colour and urged me to look at other more popular colours. Anyway l decided that it would play on my mind if l didn't at least have a look. I said to Martin that l would know if the colour was right for me in the first 5 minutes. Well what can l say, within a second l absolutely loved the colour it looks fantastic. The car is also in great order. New Brakes and discs all round, new suspension, dampers and springs all round plus various other components. Tyres nearly new. Test drive great. Deposit put down and depending on the results of the PPI l hope to realise a life long dream. One very happy old geezer.

:thumb: It did look good in the pictures so good to hear it really was a cared for motor. Good luck for the PPI but no reason to think it isn't going to go well and every chance that's going to be your next car :)

Very sensible approach! Sometimes you have to look at a few and sometimes you need 5 seconds and you know! Fingers crossed but all looks good!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back