Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Monza F1 via Stuttgart virgin trip

Longers said:
silvermilnec said:
... we are camping for the weekend at the track.

Make sure you take some ear plugs unless you're really into Italian techno pop and fancy listening to it. All night :lol:

I don't mean to worry you, it's not that bad, certainly no worse than any other F1 campsite :wink:

The atmosphere there is amazing. I've never seen racing anywhere else where the fans are so supportive of 1 team - they go mad every time a Ferrari goes by, even if it's an out lap during practice. I remember being there in 1997 when Coulthard won after Schumacher failed to finish. As soon as Schumacher stopped the stands started to empty!

Cheers you've got me even more excited, I'm just a bit worried about how much time it will take to get into the camp site and how long after 2nd practice it will take to get to the airport to fly back for the wedding 😳😳

You'll have a brilliant time.

silvermilnec said:
I'm just a bit worried about how much time it will take to get into the camp site and how long after 2nd practice it will take to get to the airport to fly back for the wedding 😳😳

I can help with that. Draft text/email as follows...

Hi [insert name of bride and/or groom]
Due to unprecedented traffic volumes of people arriving at Monza I was late getting out of the campsite. And then my car overheated queuing on the way to the airport. By the time the breakdown service had fought their way through the traffic to get to me I'd missed my flight. I tried very hard to book another one but they're all full. I was looking forward to joining you so much but I'm really really sorry to say that I'm going to have to miss your wedding. I hope you have a great day.
Regards,
silvermilnec
(might be best to use your actual name here :wink:)

Longers said:
silvermilnec said:
I'm just a bit worried about how much time it will take to get into the camp site and how long after 2nd practice it will take to get to the airport to fly back for the wedding 😳😳

I can help with that. Draft text/email as follows...

Hi [insert name of bride and/or groom]
Due to unprecedented traffic volumes of people arriving at Monza I was late getting out of the campsite. And then my car overheated queuing on the way to the airport. By the time the breakdown service had fought their way through the traffic to get to me I'd missed my flight. I tried very hard to book another one but they're all full. I was looking forward to joining you so much but I'm really really sorry to say that I'm going to have to miss your wedding. I hope you have a great day.
Regards,
silvermilnec
(might be best to use your actual name here :wink:)

lol I was thinking that but I wouldn't be believed I've already tried to get out of it. Missing Friday night of techno music until 5am also a consideration 😂😂

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back