Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indoor cover - any recommendations

hedgehogsdad

Hi all,

My car is definitely NOT a frequently polished garage queen and I use it wherever I can, but I'm getting fed up with the amount of dust which it picks up in my garage.

I'm thinking about buying a cover, but don't need to go to the expense of a fully fitted Porsche one - has anyone got any experience of the alternatives?

I was looking at this on ebay - anyone got one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...402424&hash=item41bbbbfc6e:g:FLsAAOSwA3dYdiPf

Thanks in advance :thumb:

I bought a drape, but I'm going to sorn for the winter so bought a Porsche fitted one last week. I know none of this helps but the only advice I'd give is be very careful putting any form of cover on a car that's dirty! The smallest bit of dirt can get onto the cover and cause scratches!

I'll look up who I got the drape from.

Just checked mine Metex cover, you can have a nice Porsche logo 👍

Don't laugh but I bought a cover from Lidl when I lived in France for around 20 euros for my old 993.
It was light and waterproof and did what I needed under the roof of an open ended barn.
As well as dust it repelled the odd flurry of snow.
In fact I have still got it and it continues to look and work well.
Might be worth keeping an eye out as their stock is pretty similar whatever the country, just a thought.

We use the thin polythene sheeting that car body shops use to cover cars in their workshops. It comes in a 50m x 5 m roll and the static keeps it adhered to the car. We keep a roll horizontal against the back wall of the garage and pull it out over the car, cutting a new cover every few months once the static loses its 'cling'. As light a touch cover as you can wish for. About £20 per roll off ebay.

silvermilnec said:
Just checked mine Metex cover, you can have a nice Porsche logo 👍

Just had a look on their site, they look good. There's also a good video showing how easily they are fitted

Cheers :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back