Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 turbo exhaust fit 997.1

tgdesign

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi Gents

I am looking for a performance exhaust for a 997.1 turbo and have seen one but its from a gen 2.
My question is would a 997.2 turbo fit a 997.1 turbo.
Or is the distance between the turbos different as the pipe exit must be the same as fitting a gen 2 bumper skin wouldn't fit.
If its mount brackets that won't be an issue as I can get them sorted.

Any information would appreciated.

I think you are asking a generic question without enough detail of the subject exhaust ....it's almost impossible to comment without detail....

If it's any help , I had an aftermarket Kline exhaust fitted to mine and the initial purchase was an exhaust for a GT2 which was then found to not be a good fit for various reasons. Kline then supplied me with a specifically made item to ensure correct fitting.

So it is possible that your Turbo exhaust may not fit the Carrera locations.

I don't think it'll fit. Like 911Tel, I have a full Kline system and seem to remember there were differences between gen 1 and 2 when ordering. Not sure how subtle but not plug and play.

More information

The exhaust in question is a kline but only the exhaust not manifolds.

Re: More information

tgdesign said:

Ask Felix from Kline, he's an approved trader on here. Where would you get the cats from?

Re: More information

Martian said:
isysman said:
tgdesign said:

Ask Felix from Kline, he's an approved trader on here. Where would you get the cats from?

The cats are part of the exhaust system.

I misread it to think he meant it was without cats.

In a word NO. Not without a lot of cutting and welding anyway.

Out of interest what is the price of the Kline exhaust?

Bikeracer1098 said:
Out of interest what is the price of the Kline exhaust?
It's on Ebay - bidding starting at £900.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renn27
Back