Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear spoiler not working

M4OKC

Only going up on one side took the car to porsche Glasgow they want over £2000 any ideas please

Not a Turbo "knowledge" , sorry, but I do recall there being several fixes for the the struts that are a known issue.

If of course, it's that.

TBH, more info required - some greater powers will be along shortly :)

If they have ruled out the micro-switches on each ram then its failed hydraulics.

You can search on the internet for possible DIY fixes, making it static and isolating the spoiler failure warning light or look to buy a replacement from a scrap car.

Otherwise its one of those things that even an Indy might say dig into the pocket and buy a new replacement unit given its probably lasted since the car left the factory.

cheshire911 said:
Otherwise its one of those things that even an Indy might say dig into the pocket and buy a new replacement unit given its probably lasted since the car left the factory.

Dig into the pocket and buy a new replacement unit :D

Its not electrical its hydraulic failure on one side , could be a fluid leak and its too low to operate but it could also be the pump thats failed on that side .. seen that a few times .

Have a look at the boot lid inside on the failed side .. any oil there would indicate a leak .

You get a complete spoiler kit but they aint cheap by any means hence the £2k quote and most of that is parts.

Try searching for a second hand unit or an indy to remove and diagnose .. but i expect the answer will be what i have said.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back