Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo seats

I am experiencing exactly the same issue but the other leg, accelerating and braking is a nightmare. I agree as well, I don't necessarily think it is just back issue, it seems to be lack of support for the legs.

Those seats look great, and I think that is the road I will have to go, will just be retrimming them in metropole blue

EGTE said:
Kilsoj said:
James that is the way I am leaning as well, do you mind me asking are they original? They look absolutely amazing!! I use the back seat quiet a bit though would this be an issue? If so would need to look for something similar but reclinable. How does it affect the electrics i.e. Does it throw up dash issues?Or can you just program out the electric seats?

Design911 do a copy of the 997 GT3 (and I think Carrera GT!) seat, which folds forward for access to the rear.

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod4919/Track-Bucket-Sports-Seat---DTX-RECLINE/

No the quality isn't quite up there with Porsche original, but then nor is the price(nowhere near, happily!). I bought mine second-hand and they do hold you in well. Strangely, they came out of a Turbo.

You're welcome to try them for size if we can organise a meet.

Mine are the fixed version of the d911 gt3 reps.much much better quality then I expected. Can't comment on the folding, but I think you'll be surprised.

Fitting is straightforward, follow a diy guide.but essentally, you won't end up with any issues if you follow correctly,

Go with the heavy duty mounts, and take your time.

I'm likely to be at Donington next Monday for a track session if you want to sit in them

Dammit said:
Slightly off-colour, so forgive me: I have the hardback sports seats and on longer journeys my left buttock develops pins and needles, I sometimes have to stop and walk it off, I blame it on a lack of support for my leg when using the clutch a lot. It'd be nice to resolve, doesn't happen in other vehicles.

You might benefit from a centre console delete. .. which I have also done to mine. Allows loads more room for your left leg! I'll dig out my thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back