Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Some aero side skirts and bigger mirrors.

Attachments

• image_659.jpeg
    image_659.jpeg
    401.2 KB · Views: 4,689
Heavy duty battery (for my impending axle lift kit.)
Minor service and brake fluid change.

Went for black bases on the mirrors to add to the silver and black theme.

Attachments

• image_955.jpeg
    image_955.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 4,672
Yes indeed - the original gen 1 mirrors give a very poor field of view. Good thing Porsche changed the design. Simple to swap them over too, no coding required.

J Holmes said:
Yes indeed - the original gen 1 mirrors give a very poor field of view. Good thing Porsche changed the design. Simple to swap them over too, no coding required.

Yeah I've done the mod on a couple of cars now. Quite straightforward.

8 Stainless steel brake nipples with caps

Got my front bumper resprayed and added the Matt silver grill and mirror lower arms from tequipment! Very please with the result! Wished I had done it 8 years ago!

herbie911 said:
Got my front bumper resprayed and added the Matt silver grill and mirror lower arms from tequipment! Very please with the result! Wished I had done it 8 years ago!

Hope you haven't ruined the front bumper already by attaching the plinth!

nikos525 said:
I Completely re-trimmed the lower steering wheel surround and glovebox in alcantara.
Quite an easy job, took my time and planned everything before sticking the alcantara down, had bought a used glove box & lower steering surround and after about 2 1/2hrs sticking the alcantara down, letting it dry and another 2hrs taking my original pieces out & refitting the alcantara ones everything was complete!
Nicely freshens up the interior and a nice change from the OEM stuff.

Nice. I did mine a couple of months ago. Can I ask what colour the alcantara is and where you sourced it from. I think I am going to redo mine as not v happy with the colour.
Thanks.

J Holmes said:
Went for black bases on the mirrors to add to the silver and black theme.

Picking out the lower mirror section with accent colour looks great as your does :thumb:

Thought i'd treat the car to a new do88 y-pipe.

IMG_8074_zpscj1vavbt.jpg

Phil 997 said:
Picking out the lower mirror section with accent colour looks great as your does :thumb:

Thank you Sir. I've got a few other bits to go on her which I need to get painted next. Some bumpers and a ducktail. No rush but I'm looking forward to the results.

Attachments

• bumper_145.jpg
    bumper_145.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 4,332
  • front_bumper_169.jpg
    front_bumper_169.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4,332
  • duck_151.jpg
    duck_151.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4,332
solaris said:
Thought i'd treat the car to a new do88 y-pipe.

Try that again

Attachments

• img_8074_839.jpg
    img_8074_839.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 4,312
nigel99 said:
herbie911 said:

Hope you haven't ruined the front bumper already by attaching the plinth!

Attachments

• img_0075_167.jpg
    img_0075_167.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 4,252

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back