Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Domed nut covers

Allan E

A couple of weeks ago I asked for information regarding these covers (fitted under the spoiler, 6 in place) and it was confirmed that they were available from OPC however I have sourced an outlet and if there is enough interest I can arrange to get 6 +1 spare for £5 inc postage. It would take at least 30 members to make this viable due to the high initial postage costs. Please message me asap.

Allan, Can you post a pick of what they are ,as I asked the OPC for the domed security nuts from the rear 991/997.2 GT3RS wing and was quoted a remortgage for the ones I needed. interested if these are similar if so I would be interested :thumb:

These covers are fitted on the 11mm nuts under the spoiler. Pictures show with and without the plastic covers.

Attachments

• img_1971_174.jpg
    img_1971_174.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 3,380
  • img_2604_631.jpg
    img_2604_631.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3,380
No interest in my offer therefore I went ahead and ordered the said covers from Porsche Newcastle. As well as those I also acquired an ultrasonic sensor bracket and a firing order sticker. Delivered within 48 hours, great customer service!

Domed covers

£1.49 each, pricey for what they are....nearly £9 if you need all six.

Domed covers

hopeydaze said:
We use these on rowing boats to protect the boat stored on the rack below in a boat house - rowing ones are cheap as chips because they are constantly being lost.

Here is an example. I bet they do them in all sizes:
http://www.rosscastors.co.uk/m8-bla...1tRuIlkRLZVPYlv56aVrCM_QExQsJxsQ6ixoCCM7w_wcB
They do provide them in various sizes, as do many other suppliers including eBay, however the Porsche ones are M7, not your regular size. M6, M8, M10 etc all very common, I sourced them to a company that suppliers spares for Citroen 2CVs they cover the exposed door hinges. The problem was the large number you needed to buy to justify the posted costs, I needed three but thought hell let's go mad and order 6, only 30p each but the vat and postage took the bill to £14.80!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back