Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How do I ship my seats?

isysman

Daytona
Ok chaps can anyone advise me. I'm shipping my seats down to Linas at Design LS but I'm not sure how to do this. I've shipped seats before but I had a suitable box on a pallet. Now I need to get something like that and find a company willing to move such a large item.

Any ideas?

I sent a pair of 968 seats to Germany for a buyer in Sweden! I asked my local bike shop for two of their bigger cardboard bike boxes they were throwing away. These are the boxes that are used to deliver new bikes to them.

I packed the seats (fully reclined) very carefully and used lots of cardboard and gaffer tape to make two bomb proof parcels.

There was a huge range of prices for the carriage but I used ParcelHero without any difficulty. They were the cheapest by far and the collection was made in one of those brown American style vans (can't remember the name, sorry).

Once you have the size and weight of the parcels, the ParcelHero website is simple to use. Give it a try.

Cheers, Keith.

ParcelHero used UPS

Cheers, Keith.

isys , PMed you mate with an option :thumb:

Paisley freight are good.

I have used them for wheels/seats/exhaust (full system)/bumpers/etc. Only once had an issue which was resolved by them quickly.

I have also used ParcelFlight to ship seats to China and Finland.

Another option, saves you wrapping them up, is to use anyvan.com or shipley.com, man in a van websites. They 'bid' for your custom but no hassle having to pack them up and you give feedback so they do actually take care of your items.

:thumb:

Thanks for all suggestions fellas. I used anyvan.com in the end. Got a decent deal. I think I'm going to collect them myself with a hire van, give me the chance to take some photos also.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back