Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

duck tail for a 997?

MaxA

A friend of mine is insisting that a 911 should have a duck tail, or rather that my white 9772 should have a duck tail, instead of the standard lifting jobbie that I never see raised...

I quite like the pure 911 shape, but it doesn't seem like a terrible idea for a slightly retro look. If I was minded to run the little tail, where would I find one, what would it cost and how much of a faff would it be to install?

Yup. Saw that. I wondered if there was any experience with that product or any other. Maybe a project thread. Maybe too much to wish for... :dont know:

Have a google for 997 sport classic

If you have a look on my ownership thread below:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=87976&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

You will see my experience of the design911 ducktail (gen 1).

You need the rear light and a wiring harness. Fitting it was easy.
My local paintshop have now pained it either in full or part 3 times - splits or cracks appeared twice post original paint.
I like it so I have stuck with it but not a straightforward ownership experience in all honesty. I guess maybe the carbon fibre version that rpm technik sell may have been more robust.
Looks great though IMHO.

rob_p said:

My local paintshop have now pained it either in full or part 3 times - splits or cracks appeared twice post original paint.
I like it so I have stuck with it but not a straightforward ownership experience in all honesty. I guess maybe the carbon fibre version that rpm technik sell may have been more robust.
Looks great though IMHO.

Rob out of interest where did you get the rear light from mate :thumb:

rob_p said:

Looks great though IMHO.

Rob out of interest where did you get the rear light from mate as I have a couple of led cells out on my rear wing light and dont know where /how to get them fixed so was going to buy another light unit. :thumb:

rob_p said:

Looks great though IMHO.

much appreciated rob_p

MaxA said:
A friend of mine is insisting that a 911 should have a duck tail, or rather that my white 9772 should have a duck tail, instead of the standard lifting jobbie that I never see raised......

Insisting? Sounds like an air-cooled aficionado!

Does he wear brown and beige attire and sport a scruffy beard?

Keep your 997 tidy and leave the duck tails to the 70s fans.

The Sport Classic came with one if you want to get an idea what they look like if you succumb to the pressure.

Martian said:
MaxA said:
A friend of mine is insisting that a 911 should have a duck tail, or rather that my white 9772 should have a duck tail, instead of the standard lifting jobbie that I never see raised......

Insisting? Sounds like an air-cooled aficionado!
Does he wear brown and beige attire and sport a scruffy beard?

Keep your 997 tidy and leave the duck tails to the 70s fans.
The Sport Classic came with one if you want to get an idea what they look like if you succumb to the pressure.

:yeah: does he even have a 911? What happens when your next mate comes along and says it looks silly :)

Phil 997 said:
Rob out of interest where did you get the rear light from mate as I have a couple of led cells out on my rear wing light and dont know where /how to get them fixed so was going to buy another light unit. :thumb:

Sorry to butt in - Phil, the part is 997 631 052 01 - same part is shared by 997.2 GT3 RS and Sport Classic. Was £62 +VAT in 2014

I like the ducktail but why are they so expensive?

tims1959 said:
Phil 997 said:

Sorry to butt in - Phil, the part is 997 631 052 01 - same part is shared by 997.2 GT3 RS and Sport Classic. Was £62 +VAT in 2014

Yes that. I couldn't remember the part number (but it's on the design911 website - it can came straight from the dealer and wasn't much more than quoted above, if any.

not letting me fb link and cant delete post

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back