Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

Hi Keith,

Statistically, 250k views could easily be the NE lads reading each episode of your thread a few times!

Oh all right, I admit it, it was me! :sad:

Hi Tom,

Thanks mate, It will be great to catch up!

Buenos nochas Chief :bandit:

A quarter of a million views!
Cool if you had a pound for every view it would have almost covered what you've spent on Black Betty MK1

The interior at least anyway, all donations gratefully received :grin:

Cheers Guys :thumbs:
Paul

Hi Chaps,

Sorry I've not been around of late, I've been doing quite a bit of work at home. However, I did take take the old girl out for a twilight twirl yesterday and here are the photos to prove she's not buried under the patio :grin:

I'm due to take her to Redtek for a service but she's done less than 3k miles since last year so I'll give it a few more weeks.

Hopefully I'll see one or two of you around during the summer.

Cheers,
Paul

Looking 'Lush' Paul.
Glad to see your pictures haven't gone missing :)

I've been trying to get some reply out of Nick (Redtek) for '4' months!!!!!! Like Photobucket, i've given up the ghost......
(Loads of calls, never returned. 8 e-mails, never answered. I even discussed the engine build with him at Oulton Park in March and still not a sausage). He must not need the business I guess :?:

Anyway, lovely to see Black Betty 1 out and about :thumb:

Hello again,

At this point I should have apologised to anyone who's reading the earlier pages and noticed something missing, Photobucket now wears a bandit's mask and I'm in the same boat as The Red Baron!

I will try to reclaim my photos and drip them back in at some stage.

Lo siento,
Paul

Hi Chief,

You must have posted that about the same time as I added another one about Photo-bl**dy-kick-the-bl**dy-bucket :grin:

How are you keeping?

That doesn't sound like Nick at all, would you like me to call him for you? Not that I have special influence but it might help?

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul,
All good here thank you. Just refubing an Apartment that I bought for my mother in law. Since we lost the old man she has been stuggling, so I managed to find an assisted living place just around the corner from me. I does need a full refit however. So, off the metal bashing tools and onto the DIY ones for a month or so. Gill will be a lot less stressed worrying about the old girl :p

Then back to the 914!!!!!

Shame about Nick. I was looking to blow a good few Dollars on the engine and gearbox with him. He even said how he liked the idea :dont know:
I was thinking 2.4 with individual throttle bodies and stand alone ECU with moddied heads and cams..........

Plan B, along with a few others is a reference thread so I am sure it will hit a million sometime in future as new owners find their way to your thread & we all keep going back to it to look up the finer details.

Chief, I have been in to see Nick a few times over the past few weeks as he finished my engine rebuild and to discuss a new project. He is extremely busy due to an upcoming relocation (only a couple of miles up the road) so is booking 12 to 18 months for an engine build. I will be going up to see him later today so pm if I can be of help.

Hi Mondrian,

Thank you, I'm pleased you have found Plan B useful and the many other really excellent threads. They are relevant because of all the questions and contributions from the Forum members who can learn from our mistakes and hopefully, successes.

Nick has had a little scare but he's ok and he's back firing on all 6 cylinders so it might be worth having another go Chief.

Tell us more about your project Mondrian! :Dance-Tap:

Cheers,
Paul

The 964 project is almost finished, its the usual full respray, brakes/suspension upgrade & engine rebuild. New project is a 73 but not sure which direction I will head to yet so just considering various options.

Hi Chaps,

I hope you are all smiles as you clock up some miles this summer :wink:

Sorry, nothing much to see here folks but here's a couple of photos to prove I'm still around. I would be more around, if only I could get the car out of the garage. There was a bl**dy big bang from the garage yesterday morning and I thought a shelf had fallen and buried my pride and joy in paint pots.

Fortunately it was only the garage door spring which had gone twang, the bad news, BB is imprisoned in the garage for a while at least until I er, spring her out. I know sorry, I couldn't resist :frustrated:

Even if I could get the car out, it get's worse, I have PCGB tickets coming for the sold out Classics At The Castle (Hedingham, Essex) but now I have to go to an 80th birthday party, nope it's not mine.

However if there's a 964'er out there who would like to go (+1 passenger) to the 80th, just kidding, Classics At The Castle, they are free to a good home.

It's this Sunday 3rd September and it's one of the biggest and best Porsche events of the year. PCGB don't send the tickets out until this week and the first 964'er to respond here will get them forwarded from me as soon as I receive them. I have a confirmed order from PCGB.

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/shop/tickets/all-tickets/classics-at-the-castle-–-hedingham

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Chaps,

There were no takers on here so I put them out for general 911UK'ers as I need to post them tomorrow.

I'm pleased to say they have found a good home.

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
There was a bl**dy big bang from the garage yesterday morning and I thought a shelf had fallen and buried my pride and joy in paint pots.

I'm in the same boat chum except my garage door roller came off the wall and I've been told 2 weeks to make a replacement door :roll:

I could possibly lift it to get the car ouot but I don't fancy ending up like Buster Gonad or have any more trouble with the Chalfonts :what:

Hi Zingers,

If I'm correct I seem to remember your's is a Harmann too? Unfortunately, unlike when there's no electric and it can be manually lifted it's not possible to lift the door with a broken spring, it's jammed shut :nooo:

I've managed to get 2 new springs from Germany delivered already, the bad news is that dealer can't fit them for 3 weeks. There's a slight difference in service levels going on here :x

Life does has it's compensations though, it's entertaining watching Mrs. T. climbing in and out of the garage window to do her washing :wack:

Cheers for now,
Paul

Shame about the garage door Paul. I love classics at the castle and it would have been good to see you again. Don't fancy the trip in the Macan I guess...

Hope you get it fixed sharpish. The garage door industry appears to be on a level with caravan construction, pretty low in the food chain.

paul284pt said:
Hi Zingers,

Life does has it's compensations though, it's entertaining watching Mrs. T. climbing in and out of the garage window to do her washing :wack:

Cheers for now,
Paul

:grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back