Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bose

paul987

Can you actually buy new Bose replacement speakers any where?
I know other brands will fit but they all seem to require a certain amount of butchery... I really don't fancy cutting my C4s up :sad:

I have the door speakers plus box available and rear shelf subs if interested...PM me

You don't have to cut the car up to fit far superior speakers? (Of the same size)
You can use the old speaker baskets to fit new ones (If they're knackered anyway, not an issue) Or you can pay for custom made rings.

FRP said:
I have the door speakers plus box available and rear shelf subs if interested...PM me

Thanks FRP,
sadly it's driver's side dash speaker that's gone :sad:

Halcyon said:
You don't have to cut the car up to fit far superior speakers? (Of the same size)
You can use the old speaker baskets to fit new ones (If they're knackered anyway, not an issue) Or you can pay for custom made rings.

Halcyon
Yea I guess if it's only the baskets its not too bad... can you recommend anywhere for the custom rings?

That's the conclusion I had too :D

here are good step-by-step dremmel instructions here

I replaced mine with Alpine SPG-13C2 - use the three clips that come with them along with the "ring" made by the old baskets and they'll stay in fine. (Mine have been in for over a year now)

I also got the VW speakers connectors to make life easier such as THESE

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back