Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo seats

Kilsoj

Hi, feel like a bit of an idiot writing this one, but looking for any advice or options. The seats in my turbine are giving me severe back pain at the moment, especially sciatic down in my right leg. Doesn't happen with any other car I have, e.g. Cayenne, but it is so bad I am seriously considering getting rid of the car. Not particularly old or overweight, and I don't have a chronic back complaint, but a car that I easily could have driven for four hours with out a break is killing me in under an hour.

So anyone any options? Swap seats? If so to what?

Thanks in advance

Firstly we need to ascertain whether you have the Standard (Comfort) Seats or the Sports Seats?

C.

I have standard (comfort) seats I'd swap for sports depending on colour and condition :grin:

I struggled to get comfortable in my old 996T (comfort seats) but I find the sports seats in current 996TS much better

I have a set of the Turbo sport seats for sale, full black leather with Porsche crest.
Looking to get around £600 for the set. They are in outstanding condition too.

Would look nice in my lounge!

:)

Maybe find a local 911uker with different seats and try sitting in their's before you commit to anything. I have 997 sports seats in mine and find them comfortable enough... I'm probably not the best person to judge though as I sit here typing in my 996 comfort seat that I have converted in to an office chair. Been sat here about 5 hours and no issues yet lol.

i think it is the combo of back, the seat doesnt seem to give my right leg any support while im accelerating or braking, so after a while my leg is in agony.

exactly what I found - the sport seats do not give me that problem

thanks mike, guess im now on the look out for sports seats in metropole blue

If support is an issue, sports seats will help a bit.

Another option is to fit aftermarket at ie GT3 seats. Massive improvement to weight and comfort in my opinion.

See photo.

Attachments

• 2017_06_04_152605_2448x1836_368.jpg
    2017_06_04_152605_2448x1836_368.jpg
    938.7 KB · Views: 5,357
James that is the way I am leaning as well, do you mind me asking are they original? They look absolutely amazing!! I use the back seat quiet a bit though would this be an issue? If so would need to look for something similar but reclinable. How does it affect the electrics i.e. Does it throw up dash issues?Or can you just program out the electric seats?

Slightly off-colour, so forgive me: I have the hardback sports seats and on longer journeys my left buttock develops pins and needles, I sometimes have to stop and walk it off, I blame it on a lack of support for my leg when using the clutch a lot. It'd be nice to resolve, doesn't happen in other vehicles.

Kilsoj said:
James that is the way I am leaning as well, do you mind me asking are they original? They look absolutely amazing!! I use the back seat quiet a bit though would this be an issue? If so would need to look for something similar but reclinable. How does it affect the electrics i.e. Does it throw up dash issues?Or can you just program out the electric seats?

Design911 do a copy of the 997 GT3 (and I think Carrera GT!) seat, which folds forward for access to the rear.

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod4919/Track-Bucket-Sports-Seat---DTX-RECLINE/

No the quality isn't quite up there with Porsche original, but then nor is the price(nowhere near, happily!). I bought mine second-hand and they do hold you in well. Strangely, they came out of a Turbo.

You're welcome to try them for size if we can organise a meet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back