Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

MPS4 all round

IMG_20170701_185245_1.jpg

Two new tyres for the rear of the car.

Cameltoe & Heel said:

I put Bridgestone Potenza on. I was looking at Michelin, but the front tyres (Bridgestone Potenza) still had plenty of tread and I don't like mismatched tyres on a car and couldn't justify throwing away the fronts. I have been happy with the Bridgestones, but may well change next time.

Millomboy said:
Cameltoe & Heel said:

I put Bridgestone Potenza on. I was looking at Michelin, but the front tyres (Bridgestone Potenza) still had plenty of tread and I don't like mismatched tyres on a car and couldn't justify throwing away the fronts. I have been happy with the Bridgestones, but may well change next time.

I run the same in 18's bought last year and very impressed with the grip in dry conditions. :thumb:

C.

ARP said:
Pedros Ice Wax to hopefully ease the creaking windscreen.

Do let us know if this is a success

One set of Koni FSD Shocks and MO33 springs (springs not purchased) to fit shortly.

Any other spring recommendations would be really appreciated.

Aware that this may be just the tip of the iceberg so to speak on suspension improvements so mechanic to assess wear in all parts before stripping it down.

Looking forward to seeing the difference.

Attachments

• d588e140_00f9_4eed_98c7_d23ac4ee0f8e_2_906.jpg
    d588e140_00f9_4eed_98c7_d23ac4ee0f8e_2_906.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 4,469
Getting the dreaded chassis legs sorted by Sam at Precision/Impact. Wasn't the worst example of damage thankfully.

Re creaking screen, I've had Sam look at mine and he diagnosed the outer seal as being the culprit: might be a good place to start if anyone has issues.

AndyS said:
Chris993C2 said:
A pair of shiny new carry handles :grin:

...probably the best mod I ever did to mine :thumb:

Andy - can you give me some details of this mod?

I assume this enhances the exhaust note?

Any info available about this.

bodmin said:
Andy - can you give me some details of this mod?

I assume this enhances the exhaust note?

Any info available about this.

Sure - it's a simple bypass pipe welded between the in & out on the Cat' (I think that's the technical description). There are loads of threads for this on here - and a resident expert (search Kimbo, Hollamby Ninja etc.)
The degree of sound benefit is in direct relation to the size of by-pass pipe used. I think I went with a 1.5" but others have gone as far as 2" I believe.

Exhaust note? - extra 'Burble' at low revs, nice 'Crackle' on the over-run.

I'm sure Kimbo posted a sound bite of one of his 993's with this mod?

Twin distributor rebuild by Indy - 112,000 miles and Indy reckoned it was on the original belt........replaced all of the bearings at the same time so should be good for another 23 years!

Not sure if this item is in Porsche maintence schedule but needed a new dizzy cap and rotor arm and as highlighted by Wozzy mechanic also reckoned I was lucky........

Pedro Ice Wax has largely cured the front windscreen creaking, not totally cured but loads better. Just squeezed the bottle in under the rubber seal and ran it around using the nozzle to open the gap.
Just done a second treatment and will see if that helps quieten the last little bit.

AndyS said:
Eventually fitted the new Ambers' to the front to match the side repeaters and rears:
Also - now using PostImages since Photo Bucket screwed us all :nooo:
Ambers look great on your car! Good move 8) .

p.s. Imgur is good for ad-hoc image posting, Flickr good if you want to organise and create albums. Both provide forum friendly links, easy to copy/paste here.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back