Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

I bought the OPT7 type H7 LED headlights to replace my halogen low beams on my 996.2 which has projector-type headlights for the low beams.
https://www.bestadvisor.com/led-fog-lights
I had to cut open the seal rear of the sealed headlight assembly to allow cooling of the LEDs, which poses a reliability risk if it gets wet inside. The OPT7 LEDs are much much brighter and whiter than the stock tungsten bulbs!

Finally, finally sorted out the ABS pulsing that was happening under low-speed braking. Big shout to Paul at Northway who worked out that it was a split, well, something on the front driveshaft and nothing to do with the braking system per se. Quick (!) replacement driveshaft and ***** me, braking is now weirdly smooth. Nice. And they found and (hopefully) fixed the aircon leak that's also been bugging me since I bought the car.

All in all, today was a good day :thumb:

Pair of Febi rear drop links, paid £23 inc delivery

Good old eBay :thumb:

A new coffin arm for the front right to stop a creak it started doing on a recent 'ring trip. £59 later, back to silent suspension travel :D

Full major service, including accessory belt, brake fluid, plugs and diff oil plus an air conditioning service from ATS.
Somewhat wierldy I am a little dissapointed that the car feels and drives exactly the same as before, I know that if everything is correct to begin with it shouldn`t make any real change once the services are completed but all the same it always feels like a slight let down to drive the car after all that work/time/money and it is no different at all :dont know:

Seal in front diff nose cone replaced, new front coffin arms. MOT'd today 13 years old no advisarys :D.

Set of side stripes!

Attachments

• stripe_2a_607.jpg
    stripe_2a_607.jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 6,320
pooga said:
Set of side stripes!

Nice to see something different. Not Sure how much I like it personally. I bet it looks better in the flesh?

Re-furbished fuel injector rails & 1 injector. Rotted away?????

I bought:

1. Kline Innovation Exhaust
2. IPD Competition Plenum
3. GT3 82mm Throttle Body

Cheers,

Harry.

I'd be interested to hear what the fitment is like given the ad says that double sided tape is required.

I started out buying one aircon condenser and a desicator.
Having started the job I now have:
2 Condensers
1 Desicator
2 Schrader Valves (cos one was deffo leaking)
2 Radiators
6 Radiator Hoses
And a box full of new screws/clips etc to replace those which had all but disintegrated.
Its been a dear week.

I'm going to buy some mesh also for the grilles.

steve r said:
I'd be interested to hear what the fitment is like given the ad says that double sided tape is required.

I think that's a mistake on their part as it has the same fixing method as the OE item and the two marked points at the ends (requires drilling) for the fixing screws and countersunk washers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back