Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1T Spark Plugs and Coil Packs

Scholester

Barcelona
Hi,

Does anyone have a copy of the data sheet that is available from Rennlist for the step By step guide to spark plug and coils change work? It was produced by a chap called The Rock and a link takes me to the thread where the PDF is listed but I am unable to download it.

Other guides welcome if anyone has anything to hand?

Also, I haven't had the guts to crack the lambda sensors on my original exhaust yet as I am assuming they may disintegrate when shifted if I need to remove the exhaust. If so, my recent work in swapping out the crappy OEM fixings for stainless or titanium will make this particular task much easier.

Bumper, lights, heat shields have been removed already so it's really the final steps I am after as I don't want to remove any unnecessary items.

Many thanks in advance

Scholester

I have it however the attachment is too big send me a pm with your E-mail and I will ping it over :thumb:

Did mine on my gen 1 Turbo over the winter period.

If you've got the rear cover and the brackets etc off then your about 10% of the way there.
The exhaust does need to be removed and that is an absolute sod of a job, especially as all your studs/nuts will be virtually non existent due to corrosion. I ended up using an old chisel and loads of release fluid and they eventually came off. The Lamda sensors don't need removing, all you do is disconnect them from the left and right hand side inside the engine bay. Once you've removed the air box etc you'll see the plugs, there's 2 of them.
On the drivers side the actuator needs to come off and on the passenger side I had to remove the turbo itself to get the coil pack out!
Also the new coil packs from Beru are different from your old ones, they've modified them and the drivers side one will not fit in place of the old one, so you'll need to buy 5 of the new ones and one of the old ones to finish the job.
I got mine from design911 and an original from OPC.
You'll also need two new straps for the exhaust system, again from OPC, as your old ones will be corroded and I had to cut mine off.
It's an absolute nightmare of a job but not impossible to do in a couple of days and you'll save your self £700.00.
If you need any help PM me and i'll send you my contact details.

Martian said:
Brave man.

I saw my car up on a ramp having the sparks changed a few years ago, one job to leave to someone else!

Most of the hard work done now fella so just need to ensure I finish the job before the end of the summer!!!

Gazc2 said:
I have it however the attachment is too big send me a pm with your E-mail and I will ping it over :thumb:
PM sent :thumb:

easternjets said:
Did mine on my gen 1 Turbo over the winter period.

If you've got the rear cover and the brackets etc off then your about 10% of the way there.
The exhaust does need to be removed and that is an absolute sod of a job, especially as all your studs/nuts will be virtually non existent due to corrosion. I ended up using an old chisel and loads of release fluid and they eventually came off. The Lamda sensors don't need removing, all you do is disconnect them from the left and right hand side inside the engine bay. Once you've removed the air box etc you'll see the plugs, there's 2 of them.
On the drivers side the actuator needs to come off and on the passenger side I had to remove the turbo itself to get the coil pack out!
Also the new coil packs from Beru are different from your old ones, they've modified them and the drivers side one will not fit in place of the old one, so you'll need to buy 5 of the new ones and one of the old ones to finish the job.
I got mine from design911 and an original from OPC.
You'll also need two new straps for the exhaust system, again from OPC, as your old ones will be corroded and I had to cut mine off.
It's an absolute nightmare of a job but not impossible to do in a couple of days and you'll save your self £700.00.
If you need any help PM me and i'll send you my contact details.
Nick,
I appreciate this info and you may remember our PM conversations from earlier in the year!?

All old crappy fixing now replaced (yes - total nightmare job with hammer punches and chisels but slowly slowly did catch monkey) so the job of exhaust removal will be so much easier.

Its good to know the Lambdas do not need to be removed and I did wonder about the straps as they did indeed have to be cut at the fixing as they had seized solid.

The fact that you have completed this task and are able to pass on these tips is invaluable. I am actually enjoying the task (when I get time to jump on it during my busy life) and its as much about knowing the job has been done correctly as it is the money saving potential.

Bearing in mind the few miles my car has done, the fixings to the whole of the exhaust system were in a very poor condition indeed.

Thanks again Nick for your time on this.
:thumb:

Of course, I will update in the next few weeks when all is done........oh, and some nice new shiny S/S headers too!!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pazz
Back