Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Homelink Problems

Palmball said:
To get round this I dremmeled the inside of the lid - there's a moulding lip that catches the garage door opener which needs grinding back. I also had to dremmel a more rounded edge on the garage door opener lighter insert itself....the combination of which means it just about squeezes in under the lid. Not a particularly elegant solution but you'd never know with the lid shut, and indeed even with it open it's all but invisible (you can see the rounded garage door opener but if you been careful with the dremmel, grinding the inside of the lid remains invisible.

I'll post some pics later so you can see.

Happily homelink works for me, so I wont need to resort to dremelling!

I hope you were able to do that out of the car. Not sure I would be brave enough to do it in the car throwing swarf and dust all over my lovely alcantara!
:nooo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back