Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel gauge stopped working on my 996???

Further to all of that - it can be a bit temperamental beyond the above info. A couple of times back when I ran a 996 GT3 (which as stated above uses the C4 shell and fuel tank) it continued to register empty even after being brimmed. Both times it eventually sorted itself out and randomly started working properly again later in the day.

Thanks for the explanation, very helpful.

Update: filled the tank and the gauge is showing as full :thumbs:

Disco said:
Further to all of that - it can be a bit temperamental beyond the above info. A couple of times back when I ran a 996 GT3 (which as stated above uses the C4 shell and fuel tank) it continued to register empty even after being brimmed. Both times it eventually sorted itself out and randomly started working properly again later in the day.

That will be the gauge capillary mentioned above.

Run too low and it airlocks (although use and/or leaving overnight eventually clears)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back