Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front Splitter

peterzoom

Spa-Francorchamps
Any help would be greatly appreciated here please.
I have read so many threads and articles and this morning spent half an hour with my local, and very patiently helpful OPC parts staff, trying to find the correct part number for a front splitter for my 2001 996 C4.
My car has a completely standard front end, exactly as it would have had from the factory. (so Boxster style headlights)
I am wanting to find a splitter that projects horizontally from the lower leading edge of the standard bumper rather than the type that drops down vertically, reducing ground clearance.
I really don't want the front lower, just want to give it a slightly more of a race car look.
The OPC advised me that although there is exactly such a splitter for the later 996 it will not fit the first generation with standard front end. However in other sources the advice is that it will!!
Can anyone shed some light and the relevant part numbers, please?

I certainly will let you know how I get on. Interestingly, the article you linked was one of the ones I had also turned up in my research.

I studied the pictures very closely and I thought that the lower edge of the facelift number looks exactly the same as the older one. I think the only difference is at the top edges to make room for the revised headlamps.

I wonder if anyone here can confirm or deny that this is the case?

Maybe your helpful OPC will let you order a 996.2 one and offer it up to your car to check the fit then allow a refund if it's unsuitable? You can tell me what to get! As a bonus to the looks it really seems to help the front end stability at speed.

Referring to the link I posted 'Jstgermaine' on Page 3 said that he fitted a GT3 Cup front splitter '99-'01 Aero Lip to his 996.1 with original PU however the pics to his post are no longer hosted although there are a couple of less clear pics on Page 4. Maybe that could be another option although I believe it hangs down a bit more than the 996.2 one.

Failing that there is the option of the guy on Page 8 that fitted some EZ lip, could be a bit chavtastic but the low res pics look OK.
Only £30 on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/EZ-Lip-Uni...ie=UTF8&qid=1499196949&sr=8-1&keywords=ez+lip

This is for the Turbo, but they may do other versions? Cheap enough!

On eBay

After a bit more research I don't think the 996.2 lip will fit, I believe the best option is the 996.1 GT3 'Cup' front splitter 996.505.986.90.
This is a 3/4 lip that tapers out at the edges and suites the standard 996.1 PU, from the picks on Page 4 of the first link I posted I think it looks good.

There are some pics of the splitter here in a recent post by 'Judder'
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=121139&start=20&sid=5a6d77e2a898e1e5fb4d2d92282d5a5d

Price ~£80' by the sounds of it, not sure if that in s VAT.

Quick update on the splitter front :D
I spent a little time talking the options through with the partsman at my local OPC and we have ordered what we think is the correct item. Should be here in about 7 -10 days so once it arrives I will test fit it and post the results here, fingers, tooes and knees crossed!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back