Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ultimate Ferrari LA 04 FER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they must of "S1NGH" the guy coming. :)

Good luck with the sale but I think you might of just labbeled yourself.

IMO any plate that needs mid spacing , lettering adjusted , or squinting to look like something else is difficult to place a high value on :dont know:

Twenty five years ago my stepsisters bloke had TUR 80, on his 911 turbo.
He gave £10k for it back then :eek:

P911X50 said:
Cant understand why people are getting so offended :floor:

If you can afford a La Ferrari, you should be able to afford £20k. S1NGH was bought my one of my friends for £250k and sold one week later for approx. £500k. LA 04 FER is not the same a LA 09 FER.

S11NGH sold for a couple of grand and S1NGH sold for half a million.

In terms being referred to a "stupid seller", well :? Not if I sell it cupcake.

I was a little harsh sorry, I blame bl00dy Captain Morgan.

As you sell plates and have an eye for them could you potentially sell mine: P340 HCS

Bund said:

The private reg market is worth millions in the uk. Over the past few years I have sold a few 5 figure plates, so I'm confident. If it doesn't .... so what...no big deal. :thumb: :thumb:

P911X50 said:
Bund said:

The private reg market is worth millions in the uk. Over the past few years I have sold a few 5 figure plates, so I'm confident. If it doesn't .... so what...no big deal. :thumb: :thumb:
I get that, but can you explain as to why the 04 plate is considered more valuable than the 09 plate.

P911X50 said:
Bund said:

Funny you say that as I have a good understanding of the market myself, I have a two number 1 digit plate along with trading related plates and I sold SPR34D for a profit after a girlfriend pointed out that the girls in the office thought I was being rude and didn't relate to trading :) so when you get to six figures let me know.

You should buy 09 and corner the market. ;)

5 figures, not 6 figures (I wish).

TUR 80 would be worth a small fortune right now. I think I've seen it at one of the private auctions (Not DVLA) a good few years ago, can't recall how much it went it went for.

P911X50 said:
Bund said:

I'm sorry but your logic does not stack up. We have several £150k plus plates on company cars and your logic simply does not apply to plates. What you are actually stating is that if you can afford a £1m car you are prepared to pay we'll over the odds. In my experience it's the complete opposite. Most people with that sort of change know exactly how much money is worth. A plate is a commodity to them not an experience which they are willing to pay way over the odds for. The plate is worth less than £1k and I'm being generous.

jonttt said:
The plate is worth less than £1k and I'm being generous.

:eek: Jonttt nearly nailed the valuation. :hand: But as usual over-egged it :grin:

Very true chum, you need to take emotion out of the deal. Alas that is where my wealthy chum trips himself up by buying things after a few snifters :roll:

FZP said:
"LA 04 FER is not the same a LA 09 FER."
Given that you've hooked into this market, can you advise why the 04 plate is 20k and the 09 plate isn't? Just curious

So am I :?:

In fact bewildered sums it up better.

This is before i started wondering why post the ad on Porsche enthusiasts forum?

I've looked at it about 20 times now and I can't help but keep thinking LOAFER..........a person who avoids work and spends their time idly.

Maybe I'm missing something. :dont know:

£250 everyday.

:hand: My Gucci loafers were over £250 :oops:

:grin: :thumb:

I'm still walking round in my Tommy Ball loafers doing a Benny Hill with them tied together with string.

alex yates said:
I'm still walking round in my Tommy Ball loafers doing a Benny Hill with them tied together with string.

I had a few good pairs from there in the 80s :thumb: Shuffling with the string was hard work

P911X50 said:
We know number plates are for the vain and are massively overpriced. eg

458 FER is £48k - and you buy a Ferrari 458 for £117k

24 FER - £16,450

L4 FER - went for over £100k

Have been dealing with number plates as a part-time thing for a number of years and its been ok thanks.

:thumb:

'We know number plates are for the vain' ........

Good statement .... which isn't true at all , not to mention , not very businesslike .....I wouldn't be buying a plate from a shyster who made statements like that ..... can't even respect his market .... don't seem to know it very well either , looking at the valuation ...... doesn't even look anything like 'Trevor'..... so I'm out ....!

I'm glad I didn't have to buy my plate from you chum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back