Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Change Cost!!!

DucatiRob

As I'm off to France for a few days on Sunday, first time abroad in the Porsche, I thought I would get the oil changed as the engine is now just about run in! Booked it in at my next most local indie, not a good experience at my most local last time :shutup: Was expecting maybe £150 - £170 for just oil and filter.....£262!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

More fool me, I should have asked first I guess.. but £262!!! I did question the price, explained - £113 for 9 litres of Castrol GTX (wtf), labour one hour at £103, filter £23.50 plus an oil disposal charge! One hour to change the oil, guessing the guy must have been rooted to the spot watching the oil drain out for 45min!

What p'd me off most was receptionist informed me that a minor service is only £307! Thanks for that!

I was there for an hour and a half wondering around a very nice showroom ( three GT2RS's and a Carrera GT) and the only person that spoke to me was the guy washing the cars!

Car didn't get washed and no free litre of oil!

Rant over....not happy :gunfire:

Glad you agree Dermot! Feeling fleeced!

£103/hour for labour - at an Indy? That is top dollar IMHO - mine charges £45 + VAT!

DJS911 said:
£103/hour for labour - at an Indy? That is top dollar IMHO - mine charges £45 + VAT!

I know indie rates vary quite a lot and this particular one has a very nice showroom and a lot of stock to support! Shame they don't invest in customer service for all of their clients!

Fkiing Ouch :eek:

Minor service .. pollen filter , grease hinges etc .. check over the car , tyre pressures measure tyres .. connect tester and do service light + check all fault codes , check all suspension , check under car , check gearbox / diff oil lvls .. check lights .. +oil and filter ( 1.7 hours is the time we get ) going to stop here ..

I make that about £50 on top of what you paid .

I think im digging myself a hole here so going back under my rock .

DucatiRob said:
DJS911 said:

I know indie rates vary quite a lot and this particular one has a very nice showroom and a lot of stock to support! Shame they don't invest in customer service for all of their clients!

Sounds like you should name and shame this Indy... :redcard:

I do my own oil change annually works out at approx£60 using a genuine filter and Fuchs 5/40 GT1 oil which fortunately I get at trade cost.
Half an hour tops using a trolley jack, robbing """ers :bandit:

I change the oil myself every 5K.
Oil change only takes 20min (I have a pit in my garage and don't have to use a jack otherwise 30min) tops.

Get my oil and filter from eurocarparts as they often have deals at the weekend. this weekend the code is CRAZY70

1 x oil filter + 10lt Shell Helix Ultra 5-40 (2x5lt) = £59.85

I am quite happy to change the oil myself, I just wanted the stamp in the service book after the engine rebuild.

Annoyed they used Castrol 5w40 on a newly rebuilt engine as much as anything else!

Rob, thats just a joke mate ,
A/ any Porsche indy worth anything in the UK knows that you use millers in a hartech rebuilt car
B/ supply your own oil next time and get it from opie oil. Millers would have cost less than the stuff they used
C/ £103 ph for indy labour , the max you should be paying is £85 there are many a lot less than that.
D/ AN HOUR TO DO AN OIL CHANGE are they joking robbing barstewards

We need the name of these guys so every one car avoid them. :thumb:

I've changed the oil in my Turbo many times in around 30 minutes, and it has two drain plugs! No jack needed, two washers, oil filter and 10 litres (9 required IIRC) of Millers 5W/40 Nanodrive ~ £120.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back