Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Trickle Charger Q.

PHSSLL

Hi all can someone help me i have purchased a porsche Charge-o-mat trickle charger and it connects via the cigarette lighter socket and keeps the battery at optimum charge levels

My question is can i use the power socket/cigarette socket in the boot/trunck or does it have to be the cigerette lighter socket in the front ???

Thank you in advance

You can use any live socket.

So what you need to check is if the secondary sockets can power stuff after the key is removed (to be doubly sure, check after the car has been turned off for 30 mins - some newer DMEs/VW DMEs have a timer that allows a short period of use then shuts off)

Any cigar lighter that is permanently powered will do .. put a cigar lighter in it with no keys in the ignition .. if it works then its a permanent and will be ok.

Or check with a meter .. 12v no keys in ignition and all good .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back