Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alternatives to the 3.5mm jack plug for playing an iPod???

michelin

Presently have a lead connected but the quality isn't great and also not that convenient!
What would we recommend?
:thumb:

Hi Michelin - does yours not have a USB port in both the glove box and possibly i think in the little cubby hole between the seats? I connect my iphone this way and my guess is an ipod would work the same. I just use the cable that came with the phone. Then of course just select it by pressing the source button on the centre console and tapping the ipod on screen button. Sorry, i don't actually know which model or options you have so I can only base this on my car! anyhow, hope this helps.

I don't have the USB connection only the 3.5mm jack plug. The sound quality is poor, very. I don't have Sat Nav so therefore only the basic head unit, CDR 31.
Has anybody tried Dension or any aftermarket hard wired systems?

Hi Michelin

Sorry if this is a silly question, but does your car have Bluetooth? I thought perhaps you could play via that if fitted?

Other than that I'm sorry I can't help with any other experience.

Even my son and wife's Renault Twingo and FIAT 500 which have no sat nav have both a USB socket and Bluetooth! Porsche really have been miserly with the basic specs.

Tim

Hi,
It has bluetooth for the phone but because I only have the CDR31 head unit I can't, apparently, bluetooth music! :?

michelin said:
Hi,
It has bluetooth for the phone but because I only have the CDR31 head unit I can't, apparently, bluetooth music! :?

I have the same in my 2010 Range Rover and 2007 Mercedes. It works fine with the £150 head unit I have in another car though.

MC

In the days before aux sockets were the norm, i had a little FM transmitter that plugged into the ipod. Then you just tuned in the radio to that frequency and added it as a favourite station. It worked really rather well. Having done a bit of web-searching though it appears you are not alone in finding the sound quality of the aux input to be poor; so I'm guessing that by now there must be a box or adapter you can have fitted that effectively adds the input via a USB connector. Would this also perhaps be worth contacting Tore B over?

kind regards

tim

I remember those.
Think they were called an itrip.

One of these - yes!

Plugged into the top of a first generation ipod nano

s-l225.jpg

Thanks guys.
I have a Macan S on loan for a few days and it has CarPlay. Absolutely fantastic. I wonder if ever Apple will make retro fit CarPlay unit??
I do hope so!

Ps. Macan is fab but do prefer my 981 ;-)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back