Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 993 Owner

rstaichi said:
Hi welcome, looks in great shape and fab colour i also have a 1995 tip s NB car in GR :lol: loving the leather dash you lucky thing! Yes that is a rare touch.. dare we ask how much you payed :dont know:
No more than 25 bags we hope :grin:

I believe the leather dash is part of the "ruffled leather" seat package, would anyone know the code for that particular option?
Regarding what I paid? well before we took the car the dealer renewed the mot for 12 months, replaced the two rear tyres (Bridgestones-to match the fronts) new drivers door seal, new o/s rear light cover, new bonnet struts, fitted new sunroof delector and hinges and had the drivers door mirror connection replaced...and we did pay more than £25k!
A previous car I was interested in was a 1997 Tiptronic in Arctic Silver/metropole blue interior with 53k miles (911.Box) still for sale, asking price was £59995, our car was a lot less than that.

Hi, and congratulations :thumb:

Matter of interest is it a Jap import ? If so it's a rare beast as most performance cars sold there are usually LHD

Here's to a summer of great motoring :)

Welcome It looks like a lovely car :) Just don't do a search for Border Reivers on here :?:

wozy said:
Matter of interest is it a Jap import ?

I was thinking the same as I've seen a couple of Jap imports with ruffled leather in the past. The underneath and engine shots also give the impression of a drier climate car.

UK C2 would have had ambers from new.

The cigarette lighter is also sporting some kind of alternative plug. What is it?

C.

Yes it is an ex Japan car, imported to Jersey C.I. in late 2000 then to U.K. mainland in 2006.
In place of a cigarette lighter is a blanking plug sporting a 12v logo, could be used for any 12v appliance.

Sadly there is no service history prior to the car coming to Jersey, the service starts from its time in the Channel Islands. Whilst looking for a 993 I came across a couple of other imported cars and they appeared to have just invoices and no service book, is this the norm?

It is the norm unfortunately. My father had an SL500 Merc import that came with very little paperwork.

These cars still have their advantages as most are in very good condition due to the Far Eastern Climate. :thumb:

Where in the NE are you?

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back