Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£27k 996.1 sold!

Values of early 996s have been rising steadily over the last 4 years but I'm not sure that the price achieved for a low mileage car with a factory fitted aerokit is indicative of them being a worthwhile short term 'investment'. :)

EDIT: Owners that bought their cars 4 years ago will be going :yahoo: though.

I always thought a mint standard 1998 car would be the money car.

That one is not mint, not standard and not cable throttle. Does look good though.

Is that a boxster gear knob?

What did they do to the door carpet?!

I bought mine 4 years ago, should have bought 4 of them.

T8 said:
Values of early 996s have been rising steadily over the last 4 years but I'm not sure that the price achieved for a low mileage car with a factory fitted aerokit is indicative of them being a worthwhile short term 'investment'. :)

I bought mine 3 years ago and I am.

Wow
That John Holland car is stunning have to say.
I'd have given that sort of money for it without a second thought.

T8 said:

I sold mine five years ago ...

wasz said:
I always thought a mint standard 1998 car would be the money car.

That one is not mint, not standard and not cable throttle. Does look good though.

Is that a boxster gear knob?

What did they do to the door carpet?!

I bought mine 4 years ago, should have bought 4 of them.

Any really good 996 will command a premium but being low mileage, in a rare colour and being a GT3 launch car gives it provenance and so will up its value even more. The gear knob may have been replaced, I don't like the window tints or the Carerra logo and I not a fan of black wheels but that is all easy to change. Bear in mind it is still less than half the price of the GT3s with which it shared the "stage" and IMHO, looks just as good!

P.S. The carpet has just been vacuumed up and down with overlapping strokes to give it a stripy "look" - very common in the US (and I have been known to do it. :oops:).

Good to hear!

What we always knew, they are where the next money has to go.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back