Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

ColinC said:
cableguy said:
Leather/Alcantara Pole Positions turned up this morning, woohoo... Just need to order some sliders and then full interior retrofit can be started.

C.

Would love to see some pics and cost details if your willing to share - these are my next move now I'm on the inside!

A stroke of luck really. Came across an older chap who couldn't get away with them so they were removed and stored for a few years. They look brand new for virtually half the price of new.
Genuine Nappa Leather with Alcantara inserts. Looking forward to getting them in the car. :thumb:

C.

Attachments

• img_0288_139.jpg
    img_0288_139.jpg
    769.1 KB · Views: 5,237
That is lucky.....I'm going for a stripped back Alcantara/leather RS vibe myself but don't think I could live with the Perlon material with the white 'RECARO' emblazed across the head restraint - the search continues!

You simply must post some pics once installed...... :thumbs:

I hear ya. I also looked at the Perlon and the fake leather/alcantara PP's but wasn't a fan of the huge white Recaro lettering on the seats.

I'll get some pics up once fitted. ;)

C.

cableguy said:
ColinC said:
cableguy said:
Leather/Alcantara Pole Positions turned up this morning, woohoo... Just need to order some sliders and then full interior retrofit can be started.

C.

Would love to see some pics and cost details if your willing to share - these are my next move now I'm on the inside!

A stroke of luck really. Came across an older chap who couldn't get away with them so they were removed and stored for a few years. They look brand new for virtually half the price of new.
Genuine Nappa Leather with Alcantara inserts. Looking forward to getting them in the car. :thumb:

C.

They look perfect. Have looked at various options but could never stand the bold branding!

Set of Cup 2 wheels. Nothing wrong with the twists but just like the look of Cup 2s. In need of tyres and given existing wheels are in perfect nick with only about 3k on the tyres may be some time before I fit them.

Just picked my set of MY02's up. Gloss Black with a custom Silver Outer Lip. 8)

C.

Attachments

• my02_4_172.jpg
    my02_4_172.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 4,828
Bought a new windscreen washer pump as the force of the 'jet' was 'dribbling' onto the screen and sometimes not working at all - anyway given the fact the car sits for 6 months of the year I figured 23 year old parts 'gum' up through lack of use. Changed the pump and no difference - well a bit more force but nothing impressive - turned out to be a twisted delivery tube under the bonnet. Its the simple things that get ya......

Working Varioram :thumb:

A pair of vacuum actuators and some new hose - props to Sid @ Porsche Torque who spotted that mine wasn't working quite right during the service a couple of weeks ago...

Plus a new oil level sender gasket - no more oil drips on the garage floor 8)

Some scallies nicked my ancient Porsche crested Zippo from the 944 which was unlocked on the drive, so I located this in Japan:-

Attachments

• porsche_lighter_162.jpg
    porsche_lighter_162.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 4,680
Pedros Ice Wax to hopefully ease the creaking windscreen.

Very nice indeed

cableguy said:
ColinC said:
cableguy said:

C.

C.

Some of this stuff: Soft99 Kiwami

I'd like to tell you more about it, but I don't understand any of the garb on the tin!

"The Extreme gloss wax is the newest Soft99 wax combining the latest state of art technology. This product combines high glossy polymer and carnauba wax which strikes a good balance between decent durability as well as gloss."

Gotta say though - very impressed with the results for gloss and water beading :thumbs:

Attachments

• kiwami_light_381.jpg
    kiwami_light_381.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 4,409
...... If I were still a smoker ...... I would certainly have one of these ....... in fact my first lighter way back when (circa 1963) was an old plain stainless steel Zippo ....... :)

porsche_lighter_162.jpg

Hi,

My first post for sometime, although I regularly read the 993 section.

Managed to acquire a set of 10 original 993 factory workshop manuals with two of them covering the turbo. Plus a reprint of the additional manual for the 993 GT2.

Not sure how much practical use I will make of them, but never the less I thought they would be nice to have.

Michael

A pair of shiny new carry handles :grin:

Attachments

• handles_168.jpg
    handles_168.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 4,348

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member