Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rare Riviera Blue 993 newly restored

........ I should have paid more attention and used my eyes ....... whoops ..... sorry ....... :)

P1140200_zpscq7vcrdf.jpg

Rhodris-dad said:
Is the small convertible behind it, in one of the photos, a lotus 7 replica of some sorts? :?:

Looks like a genuine 65 C Plate Lotus 7 to me. ;)

Stunning 993 Mike and the interior really gives it an upmarket look with the coloured stitching on quality leather.

C.

cableguy said:
Rhodris-dad said:
Is the small convertible behind it, in one of the photos, a lotus 7 replica of some sorts? :?:

Looks like a genuine 65 C Plate Lotus 7 to me. ;)
C.

Looks like a well used genuine 7 as most replicas seem to have a roll bar.

MikeRSR said:
NottsRS said:
...Southbound's done a cracking job of the interior :thumbs:

35321322182_24274533eb_c.jpg

...no pic of the alcantara roof lining I'm afraid!

those seats !! Beautiful car

:bow:

Sutton said:
That looks great, particularly the retrim with colour coded stitching which lifts the interior.
not standard now though :dont know: It must be worthless :floor:
(for the iluminati :thumb: )

Just realised it's been nearly a year since T8 kindly introduced my car, so thought it about time for an update!

It's been great getting to know the car and finally get a chance to put some miles on it, up through the Brecon Beacons to the EVO triangle was a great trip last year..

40600744000_13b5155b88_b.jpg

Keith Seume wrote a nice piece for 911 Porsche World, and ace photographer Antony Fraser took some great pics, this one was my favorite..

37434095750_98e371da60_b.jpg

.. and a few of his detail shots..

24964777417_5cffa1abe8_b.jpg

Talking of detail, it went to Topaz for a going over, before going into hibernation..

27537841717_3500675031_b.jpg

Mike, That really is a stunning car love riviara , hope your coming to Simply Porsche so we can see it in the metal. :thumb: :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: this and nottsRS Car are the two best cars I saw last year :worship:

I'm lining up a long term project to produce something similar in viper green.

The colour never ceases to amaze me, even on the dullest days it looks stunning and very people friendly as well, lots of waves and a great reaction where ever it goes. Opening the bubble back in March for the first time...

27838069189_76dd25c4f9_b.jpg

I'd had a bespoke clubsport steering wheel made up in the same leather that Southbound had used for the interior, it was great to have it fitted to replace the pretty awful 996 wheel the car came with..

41402708685_28eb1dab2a_b.jpg

This years treat for the car was a visit to Center Gravity, everyone knows how great they are so no need for me to bang on about them, suffice to say the car was transformed and now set up for my style of driving on my wonderful Hampshire A/B roads.

41402699975_d88beca986_b.jpg

Chris and Pete seemed very impressed with the Fuchs Sports Classic wheels, couldn't believe how light they were in comparison to the hollow spoke turbo twists..

28447166458_d04bd5871b_b.jpg

A great drive home with the new settings down the Fosse Way, can't wait for Classic Le Mans!

28430971128_617be7e196_b.jpg

Just gorgeous. Great thread on DDK. My second favorite colour. Was never too keen on Fuchs that I had on the 3.2 but they do suit the BLU.

Remember reading about this in the magazine, was it not featured with another recently restored riviera blue 993?

Think the fuchs look great with the light/bright body colour

Posted earlier but worth seeing again! The other car in the 'Blues Brothers' feature was Paul Madden's great restoration, not another Riviera but originally a silver car now done in the 70's iconic Mexico colour. Side by side you can see Mexico is slightly darker.

35099171310_7dccddc0c1_b.jpg

Absolutely stunning :worship:
Will look out for that at the LM Classic - where you staying ?

:thumb:

MikeRSR said:
Posted earlier but worth seeing again! The other car in the 'Blues Brothers' feature was Paul Madden's great restoration, not another Riviera but originally a silver car now done in the 70's iconic Mexico colour. Side by side you can see Mexico is slightly darker.

35099171310_7dccddc0c1_b.jpg

Thats the one.

The only thing I disagree on is your steering wheel change. I prefer the 996 wheel shape (it needs retrimmed obvs) and also the airbag helping prevent death in an accident!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back