Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alfa Guilia Quadrathingymabob

ChrisT70

Had an extended test drive of one today in Derbyshire. Have to say it's very impressive. Race mode takes it to another level, rev matching, no traction control, instantaneous paddle shifts, popping crackling and banging on and off throttle and a perfectly weighted and set up suspension.
In normal mode it's a nice quiet 4 door sports saloon. It's trimmed well and has super brakes and seats. Very very tempting. I've never owned or wanted to own an Alfa but these may make me change my mind.
First year depreciation plus reliability concerns are in my mind though tbh, but I could easily live with one of these
:thumb:

ChrisT70 said:
Had an extended test drive of one today in Derbyshire. Have to say it's very impressive. Race mode takes it to another level, rev matching, no traction control, instantaneous paddle shifts, popping crackling and banging on and off throttle and a perfectly weighted and set up suspension.
In normal mode it's a nice quiet 4 door sports saloon. It's trimmed well and has super brakes and seats. Very very tempting. I've never owned or wanted to own an Alfa but these may make me change my mind.
First year depreciation plus reliability concerns are in my mind though tbh, but I could easily live with one of these
:thumb:

Be prepared to lose 50% of the new price the minute you drive it out the door. Its a proper car. Shame we can't have the manual :worship:

True about values

honestly though you don't need a manual, it's superb in auto or manually paddle shifting. I prefer manual cars but that was fab, I don't think you could rev match or shift as quick manually or as consistently .

I've never got over the 147GTA. What a great little car that was

Get a quote from Alfa for the finance. Cash buyer or not it will give an idea of their own expectations on residuals. I did as i fancied one but they confirmed my feeling that even alfa think they'd do a ton in depreciation. Average miles and relatively low apr worked out at about 1200 (net cost) a month to own it over two years..

The market may well decide differently but I couldn't see the value personally.

I bought an e92 M3 instead which is a cracking car and i thought was a bargain!

Yea I'm not in a rush to spunk £20k in depreciation just to have something new that's not a lot different in speed to the r8
I can see me having one short term perhaps at one or two yr old tho

Been there and done that on heavy depreciating cars..

I think there's plenty of fun to be had playing the recent back catalogue of a few manufacturers, merc, audi, bmw, porsche all have had some great cars over the last five years or so which really dont feel that dated and may have actually been the apex of their type given more and more regulations.

Thats my current MO anyway :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back