Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Washer pump

jond58

Nurburgring
Hi, guys. Had a puddle of water under the car, front drivers side. I've removed the headlight for a look. The headlamp pump is wet so I'm assuming this is the fault. The hose looks like garden hose fitted with one of those annoying clips!! I also assume people replace these with jubilee clips??? Any advice appreciated

Yup cut it off and fit a new clip or jubilee clip .. pretty common for the headlight jets to start leaking .. common thing on a service as the owner often has never used them .. we test them and they then leak .. sigh.

Pump is n/s/f in the bottle so i assume you mean the headlamp washer jet .

Yeah not the pump itself I guess the headlamp washer though. I'll get one ordered up. Thanks for the quick response!! Kind welcome to porsche ownership I guess £47?!? Could be a lot worse!!!

jond58 said:
Yeah not the pump itself I guess the headlamp washer though. I'll get one ordered up. Thanks for the quick response!! Kind welcome to porsche ownership I guess £47?!? Could be a lot worse!!!

Where's that from? Both of mine are less than great. I thought they were about £150 each.

Apologies that was a typo £146, not £46!! That would have been better I must admit!

Cheers,

I can see why the previous owner hasn't dealt with these now!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back